Queues

Ridiculous on Sunday. Stood for 25 minutes in the pouring rain. The searches were more stringent than ever at A1 and A2. People getting very angry at being asked to empty pockets. My wife who's in her 50's was asked to open her flask (first time ever at City) and when asked why the spotty youth said it was in case she had a flare in her flask!! A 55 year old women trying to sneak a flare into the family stand in a flask ffs

New signs.

20170319_155728.jpg

Just wait until the derby on Thursday night.
They best hang that sign on the chippy building across the road.

The same guy searches me every week and I am never delayed. Should I complain because clearly his electric wand is not switched on and he is going through the motions (very quickly) or should I stay quiet and be glad that I get through whilst other entrances snake back miles ?

I'll get back to you on that.

New signs.

20170319_155728.jpg
That's mine and my sons entrance,it was a lot busier than that when we turned up about 4.pm ish . as usual I got searched but my 9 year old carrying his black bag didn't,yesterday I asked the elderly woman why " arnt you searching my lad ?" ,she replied " we don't have to search kids " to which I laughed and said search him !!!. She did,the first time this season he's been searched,she was treating it as a casual seasrch with him.........what is it all about ?

I got to the south stand turnstile at 16:05 on Sunday fearing the worst but the queues were shorter than normal. They were telling people to queue for the four entrance points which seemed to speed it up. First time ever I was wanded but I was in the ground in minutes which was great.

The most annoying bit is queuing up for ages just to find that they arent even searching properly. If you're going to keep me waiting in the rain at least do it for a reason

They put them signs up by N1 asking people to queue along the outside of the green fence but nobody took any notice and just went back in a straight line. They had the wands out and searched everybody, this was just before 4 and the queue was already starting to build.

I dont think they were as slow yesterday, it just felt like an age due to the weather.

There were no queues at all at my entrance yesterday and I got 'wanded' for the first time by a very polite young man who said; "Do you mind if I pass the wand over you please?" Of course I said he could but afterwards I thought what would he have done if I had said no, you can't!! ;-)

Arrived 410pm to queue at M1 for SS3. Queue seemed longer than normal but moved much quicker than other weeks, They had 5 "wand bearers" ushering you to the 2 turnstiles rather than the normal 2. This speeded things up a lot. Searches are a sad fact of life but City do appear to have listened and done something about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.