The battle for 3rd place

Shame that we didn't win yesterday but as the title was out of the picture anyway, no points gained by Liverpool on us is a good thing. We really should (comfortably!) finish above them, United and Arsenal as I feel our level of performances is way higher. And Spurs only have a 2 point advantage, too. Next two away games are crucial, mostly the one against Arsenal is a game we really have to win.

Europa League would not be so bad, as witnessed by the Scums progress to date, it is far easier to win this than the Chumps and it gets you automatic entry to the later.

Liverpool and the Scum have easier (on paper) fixtures to come whilst Arsenal seem to be in self destruct mode.

Looks like the table may well finish Chelsea, Spurs, Pool, Scum, MCFC.

If this happens we will have to hope that our nearest and dearest win the Europa.

Last edited:
Our record against the current other top 4 sides is awful. Played 5, won 0, drawn 2 and lost 3.
2 points from 15. This has to change next season to mount a title challenge

It's not really a 'race', is it? I don't know many races where all participants finish at the same time.....

Our record against the current other top 4 sides is awful. Played 5, won 0, drawn 2 and lost 3.
2 points from 15. This has to change next season to mount a title challenge

In mitigation, we've played pretty well in the home games against them, but been on the receiving end of some bad refereeing decisions each time. Our away performances at White Hart Lane and Anfield were dire though.

Arsenal will get 4th because they will improve. They are playing way below what they are capable of.

City will make it now. Jesus will be back soon, and we'll recover after the European adventure is over. Getting a point yesterday was massive. If we had lost that, pressure would have piled on.

Our record against top 4 sides is poor because against quality teams you usually get less chances and they have the pace up front that kills our defence.

I don't think City are far away now though from having a really strong side. I can see it happening. The motivation has improved, the chance creation has improved. We need Jesus is the team, and we need a central defender to partner Stones (who also has improved)

Europa League would not be so bad, as witnessed by the Scums progress to date, it is far easier to win this than the Chumps and it gets you automatic entry to the later.

Liverpool and the Scum have easier (on paper) fixtures to come whilst Arsenal seem to be in self destruct mode.

Looks like the table may well finish Chelsea, Spurs, Pool, Scum, MCFC.

If this happens we will have to hope that our nearest and dearest win the Europa.

The rags still have to come to us and spurs and arsenal as well as Chelsea at home all late on around Europa lge games so not easier than ours!

my Top 4

Chelsea - as nailed on as can be

Spurs - They are a machine at home and have a pretty solid defense, no Europe to distract them either.

City - The next two games are tough but after that we have a fairly friendly set of fixtures. If we can win one of the next two, preferably the Arsenal game we are almost there. We have the extra insurance of a night game against the rags which I would fancy us to win if needed.

Liverpool - They have played all their hardest fixtures now, they just need to sort out putting away the dross, which I think they will do

United - They struggle to score goals which is why they draw so many games. They never look convincing , especially against the better teams, unfortunately for them they make up the majority of their remaining fixtures. If they continue to progress in Europe they are also facing a fixture pile up. I see their league form falling off a cliff by the end of April. Laughable that they there is still talk of them being on the March, the media are desperate for them to be back - we cant let this happen

Arsenal - An absolute mess, we can put the final nail in their coffin if we beat them next up. It could get very ugly regarding Wengers new contract. I would imagine thet are going to announce this prior to our game to spin a bit of positivity, this could go the other way though...

We'll finish second and get to the FA cup final. Wouldn't be the worse first season under Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.