John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not half bad but i think it could do with a touch

giphy.gif

The hand gestures and expression make it 10x better.

I'm really glad Pep's drawn attention to how well he's played, because otherwise players like Stones only get talked about when they make mistakes.

if he had a fit company besides him he would be even better!! maybe that's why we are hunting bonnuci again?

One of his best performances for us yesterday. Looks like the penny has dropped in the last couple of weeks, solid but excellent with the ball. A few crucial blocks yesterday too that denied certain goals.

One thing that impressed me about Stones yesterday was when Mane went in hard from behind on Silva in the second half, the first player over right in Mane's face was Stones, really laying into him. it continued for quite awhile, even when he was getting ready to take the free kick.

That showed character, that showed a leader to me.... I want him to own that back line!

if he had a fit company besides him he would be even better!! maybe that's why we are hunting bonnuci again?

I think if he can play like he did in the last 2 games for the rest of the season - or at least on a similar level, then there's no need to buy a 30 year old like Bonucci, and we would be better served going for a natural left sided defender like Laporte and watch them form a long term partnership.

He's had a shaky season at times, inconsistent, error-prone, inexperience often showing.

Last night he convinced me. Give him the armband and the #4 shirt when Vinny leaves in a few years time. He will lead England out at the World Cup one day.

I enjoyed seeing him take control. He was the signing I wanted the most last summer and don't doubt his ability but he can far too 'mechanical' at times; pass it and drop wide, rinse, repeat.

Takes away from his natural reading of the game imo which we saw how commanding he can be.

I think if he can play like he did in the last 2 games for the rest of the season - or at least on a similar level, then there's no need to buy a 30 year old like Bonucci, and we would be better served going for a natural left sided defender like Laporte and watch them form a long term partnership.

I think this was the game where Stones went from a boy to a man. He was absolutely superb and looked like a leader at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.