Txiki Begiristain

he's doing well IMO. Nobody are prepaid for trophies these days, it's a badass competition in England and it always was in Europe.

He failed to sort defence yet but it's hardesty part of the team to sort, there is simply a huge lack of world class defenders these days. many top clubs have problems with defence and at many of them players aged 30-35 are still they best defenders.

for those that appear to believe that Begiristain is somehow incompetent, is it possible that the club have a long term strategy that would
provide a context in which his alleged incompetence could be seen otherwise?

Can't blame Txiki solely for Mangala, Otamendi or Bravo IMO. If a player is purchased with pedigree and fails to adapt then the blame is with multiple stakeholders, but the lack of any attempt to recruit new fullbacks is very very peculiar.

I think that's right. Mangala looked superb in his first game against Chelsea. Otamendi often has half games when he looks the real deal. And replacing Hart with Bravo wasnt just Begiristain's decision.

It's just the full backs...

I think that's right. Mangala looked superb in his first game against Chelsea. Otamendi often has half games when he looks the real deal. And replacing Hart with Bravo wasnt just Begiristain's decision.

I know it has limitations but whoscored.coms stats based rating has Otamendi in the top ten players for the season and he is the top ranked defender. He wins a lot of ball and some might say he could be more effective and make less challenges but win a lot of ball he does and he makes plenty of passes and completes a high percentage.

PFA Young Player of the Year has been a Spurs player in five of the last six seasons.

Exceptional youth development.

And bony, delph, and fernando

Alli isn't a Spurs youth product?

neither's Walker or Bale, so basically Spurs have produced Kane, or rather he produced himself after spending 400 million years out on loan because Spurs didn't know what to do with him and contributed diddly squat to that development because he was playing at other clubs the entire time.

So basically, they're good at what Wenger used to be good at. Buy cheap, sell high.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.