Nicolas Otamendi - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said it before, he's capable of some absolute stormers and just as capable of some stinkers. Yesterday was a good day for him.

Said it before, he's capable of some absolute stormers and just as capable of some stinkers. Yesterday was a good day for him.

He's capable of brilliance and disaster in the same second let alone week by week.

On good days he's a fantastic defender. His main problems are impulsiveness, concentration & reading the game.
He's incredibly reactionary, playing teams like Liverpool isn't a problem, they have reactionary forwards. They play on a whim, it's controlled measured attacks he struggles with.

There is a player in there, there really is. Just not sure he's suited to the Prem.

Very good yesterday though.

He's capable of brilliance and disaster in the same second let alone week by week.

On good days he's a fantastic defender. His main problems are impulsiveness, concentration & reading the game.
He's incredibly reactionary, playing teams like Liverpool isn't a problem, they have reactionary forwards. They play on a whim, it's controlled measured attacks he struggles with.

There is a player in there, there really is. Just not sure he's suited to the Prem.

Very good yesterday though.
For me, he is our best CB atm

To be fair he has far more good games than bad.
He also makes far more errors than he should for somebody people are claiming to be our best CB since he walked through the door. I suppose an argument can be made for best of a bad bunch but that's hardly a difficult task.

He also makes far more errors than he should for somebody people are claiming to be our best CB since he walked through the door. I suppose an argument can be made for best of a bad bunch but that's hardly a difficult task.
We'd be fucked without him. Nobody else is able or willing to make the tackles, blocks, interceptions, clearances, aerial battles, slides and clearances he does, in quantity or quality. Who'll do the dirty work when he's gone? Stones sure as hell won't.

We'd be fucked without him. Nobody else is able or willing to make the tackles, blocks, interceptions, clearances, aerial battles, slides and clearances he does, in quantity or quality. Who'll do the dirty work when he's gone? Stones sure as hell won't.
I'm not disputing that he's done all of those things at certain points in his time here or that he's a very good CB on his day. My issue is the things he doesn't get right and the consistency required to be the very best is lacking. Stones is the same to a certain degree though he has time on his side. After that we're left with a left back playing CB and a player we've not seen fully fit for nearly two years. Whatever happens this Summer if we don't bring somebody in to challenge that position as well as the fullbacks we've needed for two years then I believe the same problems we've encountered this season will not go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.