Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our current players are knackered. The amount of playing time our front 5/6 are getting is beginning to show. We are missing Gundogin to provide relief for KDB etc. Sane is not as 'hot' as he has been and Sterling has been through a dip lately. Mbappe, Sterling, Sane, Jesus and Kun could carry the frontline with fatigue and injurys and everyone be kept happy. A purchase in this area is essential not a luxury.

I'd certainly play him in front of Sterling, he's stronger, faster and shows more determination. If Aguero leaves then I'd love to see us replace him with Mbappe. In fact I'd show Auero the door if we could sign Mbappe. All this stuff about shiny new toy and lets see if he's a one season wonder,.. well people on this forum and others said the same about Harry Kane and he just keeps scoring. Jesus, Mbappe and Iheanacho would be great as squad players for next season. Rotate any of these with Sane and Sterling and maybe promote one or two from the Academy and even though they are young then we would have enough options. We've even been linked with Llorente at Swansea, who surely wouldn't cost much and would give us an option similar to Fellaini at the rags.

We certainly need to replace Kompany, his record over the past 2-3 years is terrible and we have now all seen that Bonucci could have been the leader for Stones to learn from and someone to help alongside either Otamendi or Kolarov this past season. It was a costly move not to bring in a replacement for Kompany this past season, but we all thought or hoped our captain would come back.

We need to replace full backs on both sides of the pitch and for me we need to replace Toure with a younger much more mobile centre midfielder. I don't think there is anyone available who can replace everything that Toure has brought to this squad since he arrived, the guy is so strong and unplayable at times. Gundogan has been missed since his injury and I hope he comes back as good as he was when he went out injured. We were all worried about his injury record and the physicality of the Premier league plus the challenges made on skillful players which go unpunished by our referees certainly cuts short players careers over here. If Aguero had stayed in Spain he would still be the same player as he was for us 3-4 years ago, whereas now he looks more like a 32/33 year old in our team than a 28 year old. Silva gets hacked every week, Torres had his English career ended early after being constantly fouled when playing over here.

As for the goalkeeper situation, we currently have two number2's and we need a proper 1st choice keeper again.

It's very impressive that he's racking up the numbers now. A lot of hyped up young players come around, score 10 goals in a season and are hailed as the next big thing, labelled with the potential to be world beaters on the assumption that the numbers will come later, but to be closing in on 20 goals for the season with 15 games left to play is incredible.

I'd certainly play him in front of Sterling, he's stronger, faster and shows more determination.

That would be an incredibly stupid thing to do, single handedly nullifying all of Mbappe's strengths and taking away the player who'd create most chances for him if he was on the pitch.

Last edited:
He could start ahead of Sterling.
As a right winger? Don't think so, not seen anything to suggest he can play there. He's a striker, or maybe an inside left, not seen much of him going down the right and putting balls across the box. Besides, Sterling has been excellent

As a right winger? Don't think so, not seen anything to suggest he can play there. He's a striker, or maybe an inside left, not seen much of him going down the right and putting balls across the box. Besides, Sterling has been excellent
I think all 4 can play any of the 3 positions, and that's the key. I've seen Mbappe fly down both wings. He is rapid, moves intelligently, and has an eye for goal.

Rotate all 4, and we'll be humming all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.