Referees/Officials

Always been against video technology but know think its the only way to not be had over week in week out!!! So for that reason alone it will never happen!

It makes you think what was the ref and linesman were looking at when they missed two fouls in the penalty area.
Mic the referee up to a ref with video in the stand. I am sure UEFA said it is coming.

To an extent I think we are on the harsh end because the main man involved is Sterling and he goes at such a speed it is difficult to spot. No excuse for the Sterling/Milner incident though.

To an extent I think this gets exaggerated in our minds because we live with Man Utd who are the biggest beneficiaries. About a fortnight ago there was a stats analysis of pens awarded against top 6 teams at home and they were all pretty similar with one exception. Man Utd were the only team that had a statistical significant difference in the number of penalties awarded against them at home. And then we have the incidents with violent conduct where Rojo and Ibrahimovic can do almost anything without penalty. Ibra's suspended now, but he really pushed it to the limit

Always been against video technology but know think its the only way to not be had over week in week out!!! So for that reason alone it will never happen!
There's talk of it being trialled in FA Cup next season. Not sure if it's confirmed yet

anyone heard of graham polls opinion of when mane was through on goal and kicked otamendis calf when he tried to shoot , ? i watched the game with 2 liverpool fans and they were adamant it was a pen, they really bust my balls .. just wanted to know poll thinks ,i think he has a ref watch show somewhere but i cant find it

It has to.... too much money at stake for these errors.... hoping it will come at the start of next season with managers allowed a certain number of challenges... which are un-used of their complaint is upheld...

Sad that we need these things but the technology is there so let's use it... works in Rugby, works in Tennis, we 100% need in our game

Mic the referee up to a ref with video in the stand. I am sure UEFA said it is coming.

To an extent I think we are on the harsh end because the main man involved is Sterling and he goes at such a speed it is difficult to spot. No excuse for the Sterling/Milner incident though.

To an extent I think this gets exaggerated in our minds because we live with Man Utd who are the biggest beneficiaries. About a fortnight ago there was a stats analysis of pens awarded against top 6 teams at home and they were all pretty similar with one exception. Man Utd were the only team that had a statistical significant difference in the number of penalties awarded against them at home. And then we have the incidents with violent conduct where Rojo and Ibrahimovic can do almost anything without penalty. Ibra's suspended now, but he really pushed it to the limit

Never understood why referees are not microphoned up to the TV broadcasters so we can understand the decisions made there and then. I can only conclude they don't to protect collusion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.