The very, very, very best place to live

In the UK Bournemouth/Dorset or the Cotswolds though where I live in South Cheshire is up there.

Abroad I doubt Australia would take some beating, you can even find a spider big enough to ride to the nearest pub.

I've worked and stayed in many places the length. And breadth of the UK for over 16 years, and in that time I would say I'm most fond of places on the coast.

Maybe nowhere near as affluent and desirable as places I could mention such as sandbanks near Poole in Dorset, but places such as Largs in Ayrshire, and Also Arbroath and Oban Scotland, Falmouth Cornwall and also I enjoyed a couple of nights stay in a tiny village of Oare in Kent. I also like Bournemouth Torquay and Canterbury.

I recently spent 2 weeks. working on the main Island of the Orkneys staying at lovely guest house in Evie. The views from there overlook a few smaller Islands, at a point where a thin straight of the North sea meets the atlantic. Twice a day the swell of the tides coming together was fantastic to watch and appreciate, especially as i was watching whilst bathing in the soothing bubbles of the hot tub. Bliss.

There are many desirable places in the Uk I could mention for scenic beauty and history, and there are perhaps more places where there is mire effluence about the place than affluence, but home is where the heart is as they say and i fully agree.

As for places abroad, I'm. fairly well travelled, and if things had panned out different, had my kids not of been so young when their mum and I divorced, I would of moved To Italy and bought a place fairly near Ferrara to become a fishing guide on the mighty river Po.

Maybe one day.

Last edited:
My son lives in Arizona and it looks a seriously good place to live. He's lived in the States for nearly 5 years, seen a number of states and says that AZ is the best in the USA.
I have American relatives, mainly my Aunt's marrying Yanks, and the subsequent offspring, they've lived in
Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and California, virtually all have decamped to Arizona and absolutely love the place.

Any Greek island or the Canaries would do me.
th

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.