Referees/Officials

Never understood why referees are not microphoned up to the TV broadcasters so we can understand the decisions made there and then. I can only conclude they don't to protect collusion.

We don't have that stuff 'cos if the refs ever got to explaining some of the decisions it would simply be confirmation out of their own mouths how pathetically incompetent they are!

Every away game i went to , my Brother shirted Brother used to say to me , this ****esday ing ref is a Homer ,,,, i wonder if any Etihad away fan has ever thought that ?

It has to.... too much money at stake for these errors.... hoping it will come at the start of next season with managers allowed a certain number of challenges... which are un-used of their complaint is upheld...

Sad that we need these things but the technology is there so let's use it... works in Rugby, works in Tennis, we 100% need in our game

I hear what u are saying but what happens to the rags if video tech comes in? They will be fucked and f.a won't like that! Also what happens uf a counter attack is wrongly stopped to take a look at a possible pen/ free kick that wasn't!

Every away game i went to , my Brother shirted Brother used to say to me , this ****esday ing ref is a Homer ,,,, i wonder if any Etihad away fan has ever thought that ?

It used to be the norm to get a 'homer'. I even joke with my ERO that the phenomenon exists just to show that they never appear at The Etihad. Ref X is a homer, I'd say, but not when he's at The Etihad!

I think we're all resigned to our daily match going routine being stuffed by these tossers.

I'm usually a reasonably mild-mannered kind of bloke but I know within 15 minutes of any home game starting I'll be frothing at the mouth, screaming at the referee and his pox ridden linesmen and questioning why the fuck I'm putting myself through this every week.

The thing is, it only seems to be home games, and this is reflected in our average home record. Our away record is second to none, and I cant really remember any glaring "errors" on our travels this season. Compare our home record to our away record its blatantly obvious that the twats come to the Etihad with a mind set of giving us fuck all and the opposition everything.

Did anyone notice, because I certainly did in the South Stand, the lino laughing when we gave him an ironic ovation for raising his flag for once in our favour? It's that arrogance of the fuckers that does my head in. Oliver prancing about with that smug look on his face, enjoying seeing our players getting more and more frustrated, enjoying the crowd on his back, enjoying the limelight. Enjoying the fact that he's winning friends all over the country by fucking us over..

I'd rather lick piss off a stinger than ever give any one of those cheating biased dickheads any credit for anything, I hope they all rot in hell..

Thanks for listening.
You sir are correct.

Anyone watch on TV and could summarise the linesmans performance. The one closest to South Stand who flagged us offside loads but them hardly at all 2nd half. How accurate were those decisions? Was the Clear chance for them near the end onside?

Anyone watch on TV and could summarise the linesmans performance. The one closest to South Stand who flagged us offside loads but them hardly at all 2nd half. How accurate were those decisions? Was the Clear chance for them near the end onside?
i was at the game but I believe the tv has stopped showing replays of dodgy linesman decisions especially where we are concerned

i was at the game but I believe the tv has stopped showing replays of dodgy linesman decisions especially where we are concerned

Not only that but the apparent non penalty on Sterling was barely shown and only then from a camera angle that looked to be on the roof of the south stand with no zoom lens attached to it.

Fancy that, inconclusive apparently pmsl.

i was at the game but I believe the tv has stopped showing dodgy linesman decisions especially where we are concerned

I am also bemused by the total lack of outrage or coverage of Monaco's first goal in the second leg where the Monaco player was clearly in an offside position blocking Caballero's view of the cross. How the linesman didn't flag for offside is beyond me, even more so when two additional Monaco players were also stood offside, albeit not interfering. The natural inclination of an unbiased official would be to flag surely?

The law states:

You are offside if you are:
  • Interfering with an opponent by:
  • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision
On that basis, a clear offside.

The lack of knowledge of the laws of the game is astounding, not one pundit raised the point that Lallana was 5 yards offside when the ball was played. For a professional linesman it is as clear an offside as you are ever likely to get and yet all I hear is that it was a gilt edged chance.

We are being cheated game after game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.