The very, very, very best place to live

I think Dorset is a wonderful county to live in. I do love the North but the extra sunshine (300 plus hours a year) really does make a difference to how you feel and what you can enjoy in addition to all the wonderful beaches to explore.

Honourable memtion to Maldon in deepest darkest Essex. An area that time forgot, really slower pace of life and some lovely village and stretches of water such as Burnham on Sea, Tollesbury etc.

Outside the Uk Sydney is pretty special particularly on the Northern Beaches with the climate and outdoor way of life.

Manchester gets better and better and is still a great place to live. Unusual to have such great access to the countryside but have the benefits of City life also.

I've worked and stayed in many places the length. And breadth of the UK for over 16 years, and in that time I would say I'm most fond of places on the coast.

Maybe nowhere near as affluent and desirable as places I could mention such as sandbanks near Poole in Dorset, but places such as Largs in Ayrshire, and Also Arbroath and Oban Scotland, Falmouth Cornwall and also I enjoyed a couple of nights stay in a tiny village of Oare in Kent. I also like Bournemouth Torquay and Canterbury.

I recently spent 2 weeks. working on the main Island of the Orkneys staying at lovely guest house in Evie. The views from there overlook a few smaller Islands, at a point where a thin straight of the North sea meets the atlantic. Twice a day the swell of the tides coming together was fantastic to watch and appreciate, especially as i was watching whilst bathing in the soothing bubbles of the hot tub. Bliss.

There are many desirable places in the Uk I could mention for scenic beauty and history, and there are perhaps more places where there is mire effluence about the place than affluence, but home is where the heart is as they say and i fully agree.

As for places abroad, I'm. fairly well travelled, and if things had panned out different, had my kids not of been so young when their mum and I divorced, I would of moved To Italy and bought a place fairly near Ferrara to become a fishing guide on the mighty river Po.

Maybe one day.

I went to Canterbury once but the tide must have been out.

It's a strange one.

Obviously my mind takes me to hot beautiful countries, living by a sandy beach and stuff.

But truth is, I wouldn't want to live outside where I am now - I'm right by open fields in Kent, right near Bluwater, commute to London for my job is easy, takes me 10 mins on a train to West Ham and I have all my family and friends around here. So Dartford it is !

South Ribble in the UK according to a programme on channel 4 a few weeks ago. I live there and i'm not so sure i agree as i dont think i've left the house for 2 weeks without getting pissed wet through.
Can't say I agree with that. I spend 20 minutes every morning in a queue of traffic driving two miles through Lostock bastard Hall and Lower fucking Penwortham. Sick of it. The bypass is even slower.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.