Scouting

Southern

I am genuinely curious.

What is the process through which we sign our players?

What is our scouting network exactly (how many in U.K., how many scattered in Europe and other continents)?

can anyone provide examples of the scouting process of players signed in recent years, e.g. Mangala, Fernando (two completely opposite end results) ?

Anyone aware of players we missed out due to lack of scouting/poor judgement? Thanks

BENNY-HILL-SCOUTS_2714822c.jpg

All I know is that Joan Patsy heads up our South American scouting network, and is probably the guy we need to thank for us getting Gabriel Jesus before he even made a start for the national team.

I would love to read a book about a year in the life of the average international Premier League scout. Over here it works like this....

1. US club is contacted by a player agent or club offical

2. General Manager heads down to Argentina for scouting trip

3. Work out the contract details and fee over Empanadas. Then go home.

4 Wait till end of Primera Season and VIsa Issues can be worked out.

5. Hope the player isn't a complete wash out.

..... Or something similar to this process.

Last edited:
I worked with two scouts that we have/had. Both were staunch rags, and both took great delight in putting us down, and lording it over us, as they all had a wont to do (pre takeover/their collapse) ..... openly 'joked' that they 'passed details of the best players' over to their rag counterparts, while picking up a wage and expenses from 'that shower of shite' .... Hope they are both long gone now, and our current lot are better vetted ...

I would love to read a book about a year in the life of the average international Premier League scout. Over here it works like this....

1. US club is contacted by a player agent or club offical

2. General Manager heads down to Argentina to see scouting trip

3. Work out the contract details and fee over Empanadas. Then go home.

4 Wait till end of Primera Season and VIsa Issues can be worked out.

5. Hope the player isn't a complete wash out.

..... Or something similar to this process.

Seems very basic. When potential signings are suggssted to Txiki, I wonder how much of a written report is given, and how much emphasis is given to attitude and off the pitch attributes.

I worked with two scouts that we have/had. Both were staunch rags, and both took great delight in putting us down, and lording it over us, as they all had a wont to do (pre takeover/their collapse) ..... openly 'joked' that they 'passed details of the best players' over to their rag counterparts, while picking up a wage and expenses from 'that shower of shite' .... Hope they are both long gone now, and our current lot are better vetted ...

That sure would explain a lot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.