EDS future opportunities and progression?

The reason players such as Fernando and Navas are getting game time over youth is BECAUSE they are senior players who are contracted on big wages. Better to tell an EDS player to wait for his chance than leave a squad player who can do a perfectly decent job out in the cold and unhappy.

Look at the huge number of players we have who are out of contract this summer. The EDS boys know this and will have been told this. If they are good enough for a squad place then they'll get a squad place. If they show beyond that they deserve a starting place, they'll get a starting place.

Look at the squad sizes Pep generally works with and compare it to the size of our squad? We're massively overinflated and players such as Navas, Clichy, Sagna, Zabaleta and even Toure will be moved on, not all this summer but certainly next summer.

Yesterday has everybody in a bad mood (I'm certainly not exempt from that) but I would give Pep a pass on the kids this season, there's just too much deadwood to move on. Wait until the end of the Summer transfer window, I'm hoping we're all going to be much happier with the squad make up.

The reason players such as Fernando and Navas are getting game time over youth is BECAUSE they are senior players who are contracted on big wages. Better to tell an EDS player to wait for his chance than leave a squad player who can do a perfectly decent job out in the cold and unhappy.

Look at the huge number of players we have who are out of contract this summer. The EDS boys know this and will have been told this. If they are good enough for a squad place then they'll get a squad place. If they show beyond that they deserve a starting place, they'll get a starting place.

Look at the squad sizes Pep generally works with and compare it to the size of our squad? We're massively overinflated and players such as Navas, Clichy, Sagna, Zabaleta and even Toure will be moved on, not all this summer but certainly next summer.

Won't that always be the case though? If anything it might be worse next season as we'll hopefully be replacing those crap players with much better ones, so there will be even less chance for our youngsters to get on the bench. If Mourinho can do it to Schweinsteiger then I'm sure Pep can do it to the likes of Fernando and Navas.

Wonder if Monaco keep sending their young players out on loan, or whether they try and integrate them into the first team at a younger age? We always seem to find an excuse for not incorporating young players (not quite ready, too much pressure, the league is not competitive enough, but next year, definitely) and then have the bench stacked with players whom the manager doesn't really trust or fancy to start.

Maybe it'll be different next year.

Always funny when people post comments when you know immediately they don't have a clue what they're talking about.

Monaco have 2 youth products, Mbappé and Germain, the 26 year old who has been loaned out a lot.

The rest of their young players were bought for (by league 1 standards) pretty big fees.

This season is difficult to assess Pep's youth policy. When he came in our squad was huge, and many people thought he'd give youth players more of a chance anyways because Pep is a champion of youth. The problem is Pep also respects the other players (Navas, Delph, Nando) and wants to appease them and give them game time, but I think next season City must get rid of all the players who are deadwood.

Have maybe 19 or 20 players who are first team quality then ditch the rest, the remaining spots should be youth. Something like this...

Caballero
NewRB-Stones-Kolorov-NewLB
Silva-Gundogan-Kev
Sterling-Aguero-Sane

Other First Teamers: Nacho, Jesus, Roberts, Aleix, Dinho, Maffeo, Tosin, Otamendi, Gunn

Youth who can rotate: Brahim, Duhaney, Nmecha, Foden, Smith <---- I'm just picking youth who've impressed me, anybody can go here, Foden maybe too young and should do U23

Also, I don't have Clichy, (our only LB this season, Kolorov is a CB now) but we would need a second LB from academy, but none come to mind who've impressed, I think the U23 play 3 at the back because Francis is more of a CB they have no recognized LB I believe. Also I assume Kompany is a lost cause because come on...

Also no Barker, Celina or Unal. My guess is they get loaned again.

We need to get in that fellow from the tv show about hoarders. Get rid of any player who has not played 8 full league matches and keep no one just for their sentimental value. Basically pull up a big skip , fill it up and pull it away.

I don't claim to be an expert, and I certainly don't watch as much EDS/Youth football as some people on this Forum.
However, this summer has got to provide a watershed moment when the club buy less players than they release, and it becomes abundantly clear that City intend to use some of our younger players, not just for the League Cup, but also as options for particular Premier League games next season.

We also need more clarity on our intentions for Mooy, Denayer, and Roberts, etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.