Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really is bizarre that we don't have a home end when we have a big cup game.
I think it would be great if they could make the extended North Stand a safe standing Kop style home end, but we've never really had that have we? Maybe when the North Stand was redeveloped into a covered terrace the early 70's at Maine Road for a season (before my time). Or maybe when the Kippax was knocked down and the singers were reallocated to the North Stand, but a part of the stand was still the family stand. Some of the best atmosphere's I experienced was when a big away following took up the Platt Lane (Sunderland 1991), so not having a home end didn't effect us then, in fact isn't it what made us a bit different from the norm having the big vocal terrance down the side of the pitch? Why can't we replicate that now in tier 1 of the east stand...

I think it would be great if they could make the extended North Stand a safe standing Kop style home end, but we've never really had that have we? Maybe when the North Stand was redeveloped into a covered terrace the early 70's at Maine Road for a season (before my time). Or maybe when the Kippax was knocked down and the singers were reallocated to the North Stand, but a part of the stand was still the family stand. Some of the best atmosphere's I experienced was when a big away following took up the Platt Lane (Sunderland 1991), so not having a home end didn't effect us then, in fact isn't it what made us a bit different from the norm having the big vocal terrance down the side of the pitch? Why can't we replicate that now in tier 1 of the east stand...

theres not a chance they will make the east stand our home end. i agree with whats been said on here though. we need a home end. with no away fans. you could even rename it the kippax ?, an expanded north stand tier one is the ideal place.give the 1894 group the middle block behind the goal, make tickets 299 quid and it would solve our problems imo. its not working with what we have and i think it is effecting us/our ground.

theres not a chance they will make the east stand our home end.
I'm sure thats the case, but imagine a future with a safe standing East stand level 1, singers corner by the away fans (as is now), songs travelling the full length of the pitch....

Best atmospheres at Maine road were pretty much when big away followings were there. Don't understand when people on here are against giving more tickets to away fans.

Best atmospheres at Maine road were pretty much when big away followings were there. Don't understand when people on here are against giving more tickets to away fans.

Because they don't give us any extra.
And why should we give them more tickets at £30.00 a go when our own fans pay more.

Because they don't give us any extra.
And why should we give them more tickets at £30.00 a go when our own fans pay more.
Half the teams return tickets anyway there are only a handful that would sell more, and those games sell out so our fans would be missing out.

any news on the naming of the other 3 stands?

Find it crazy we still haven't done anything yet.

Quite easy to do but I guess it's hard to pick 3 more legends out of our list of former staff and players. If we have the Colin Bell stand - hard not to have Summerbee (Mike not Nicky!) and Lee but what about Trautmann and Mercer, then there's greats from other eras. Maybe it would divide opinion too much because not picking some could be disrespectful!

Quite easy to do but I guess it's hard to pick 3 more legends out of our list of former staff and players. If we have the Colin Bell stand - hard not to have Summerbee (Mike not Nicky!) and Lee but what about Trautmann and Mercer, then there's greats from other eras. Maybe it would divide opinion too much because not picking some could be disrespectful!

I agree, I am really surprised its not been brought up with the club recently.

Your right with the names of former members of staff, could cause a very divided opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.