Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont see why not tbh. plenty of clubs have stands full of families next to away fans. if the reason for not building a world class home end similar to dortmund was 'we didn't want to put the kids near the away fans', it would such a huge opportunity missed.
'if we want to attract next generation of fans they won't want them climbing the spirals', i dont understand that, there are plenty of kids sat in the third tier, are you saying the only way we will attract kids is by having them on level 1 ?

i can't see the east stand becoming corporate swell. i dont think we have the fan base. That would be pretty much all of level 2, all level one colin bell and east. that means most of the ground would be corporate, how would that work ? the corporate sections are half empty as it is. wed basically just have the prominent parts of the ground half empty and needing to move thousands of fans

Not saying there aren't plenty of kids on the third tier, just can't see the club putting the "family stand" on the top tier, and in terms of not putting it next to the away fans if you are actively looking to attract kids you wouldn't really want them next to rags for example ballooning and effing and jeffing and giving hand signals all game.

I hope they do turn the NS in to our end, my post was just trying to highlight why it isn't straightforward or why it hasn't already been done in terms of moving away fans around etc. I sincerely hope the NS expansion "delay" is because the club is trying to find the solution to all of this in one fell swoop. I think the NS expansion is the last opportunity we have to not just end up with a generic modern day stadium

i dont see why not tbh. plenty of clubs have stands full of families next to away fans. if the reason for not building a world class home end similar to dortmund was 'we didn't want to put the kids near the away fans', it would such a huge opportunity missed.
'if we want to attract next generation of fans they won't want them climbing the spirals', i dont understand that, there are plenty of kids sat in the third tier, are you saying the only way we will attract kids is by having them on level 1 ?

i can't see the east stand becoming corporate swell. i dont think we have the fan base. That would be pretty much all of level 2, all level one colin bell and east. that means most of the ground would be corporate, how would that work ? the corporate sections are half empty as it is. wed basically just have the prominent parts of the ground half empty and needing to move thousands of fans

1) North Stand of 2 tiers.
a) Tier 1 Family Stand.
b) Expanded Tier 2 Standing City End.

2) Any displaced fans offered 50% reduction on the price of their chosen replacement seat for 2 seasons anywhere where there are available seats.

3) South Stand seats to be offered to all others on the same terms.

4) 5000 South Stand 'Casual Membership' match day tickets be made available for irregular,lapsed,priced out & under 21s fans on a first come first served basis.

Maybe not perfect but a reasonable solution with the minimum disruption.

Views ?

There are virtually no seats left for the Hull game this Saturday (I assume the ones and twos available are coming on via the ticket exchange).

A sell-out to a tier-3 opponent is in itself pretty good evidence of a sufficient demand for a further expansion, but does anyone have any idea about the current size of the season ticket waiting list?

It's been a while since i heard anything interesting so I look forward to Worsley and others posts as much as anyone.

I still think the academy isn't in its final form though with an expansion somewhere along the line.

Posted about a month ago from reliable source that ground and diversion work will start once the current tunnel work is completed. Source was spot on with info when building the South Stand so hope he's right this time.

Posted about a month ago from reliable source that ground and diversion work will start once the current tunnel work is completed. Source was spot on with info when building the South Stand so hope he's right this time.

Are you saying the North Stand will start development in the summer?

There are virtually no seats left for the Hull game this Saturday (I assume the ones and twos available are coming on via the ticket exchange).

A sell-out to a tier-3 opponent is in itself pretty good evidence of a sufficient demand for a further expansion, but does anyone have any idea about the current size of the season ticket waiting list?

A club "sell-out" as we all know, is very different to what we'll all see on Saturday mate, there'll be empties everywhere, probably in blocks of dozens..

A club "sell-out" as we all know, is very different to what we'll all see on Saturday mate, there'll be empties everywhere, probably in blocks of dozens..

If it's sold out, it's sold out.

Empty seats are season ticket holders not turning up, complimentary/sponsors ticket holders not turning up or even just late arrivals.

Especially given that for most home games we're also selling out 2000 seats in the away end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.