Chelsea (a) post match thread

We were easily the better side, gave away 2 sloppy goals but we deserved at least a draw, sums up the season really.

Delph and Kompany were welcome returns to the squad.
This.
Can't understand some of the negativity on here.
Groundhog Day at the end with another late chance missed.
That goes in and we get the draw we deserved.
Kompany made a big difference.

You forgot the three slowest substitutions of all time as well.
Yep and the hypnosis/mind trick to make the ref forget to book Luiz and Kanté for the endless amount of fouls they got away with in that second half, sometimes forget to use his whistle all together.

Everyone saying how we need to spend big in the summer etc. How about giving the youth team players a chance. It was a big mistake letting the two fullbacks go out on loan and then resorting to playing navas and Fernandinho there. Surely they would have done just as good a job. At least we could have assessed them and then sold them on in the summer.

Pochetino seems to be able to integrate young players into his side pretty well. Koeman is doing the same for Everton. If we carry on spending millions on the likes of Ottamendi, Mangala, Fernando etc how will the academy players ever get a chance?

I completely agree. This season is clearly a transitional one and maybe our great start initially blinded Pep but given Navas is at right back why not blood Maffeo in the league he seriously wouldn't do any worse.

For a club with all the resources and top personnel in world football we don't half make some stupid mistakes.

There's nothing wrong with what City are trying to do. We just need to find the right blend of players to carry it out.
And stop passing it back to the fucking halfway line from good crossing positions with 10 seconds left.
And get a few players in the fucking box to support Aguero every now and again.
And tell him he's not allowed back across the halfway line when we're chasing a goal.
And leave a player up the field when we're defending corners so we can counter quickly.

Been saying this for years same old shit outswinger from Silva with nothing different just throw it in all from the tactical master Guardiola

I'm going to stop myself from ranting here but this is infuriating.

A quick caveat that I think fans obsession with corners isn't warranted compared to the amount of chances that they create and scoring odds (within 10 seconds of the corner being taken) are at around 2% IIRC. They're certainly low, definitely no higher than low single digit percentage.

Anyway, the thing that everybody knows in football is that outswinging corners produce the most goals and chances. Everybody knows this because this is what they have been told and religiously believe for their entire careers.

But it's wrong. It's dead wrong, 100% completely inaccurate. The rise of statistical analysis shows us that inswinging corners produce as high as 50% more goals than outswingers, and the same results are given every single year by the data across all leagues and teams. Inswinging corners are objectively better.

Yet there's still managers out there, top managers with world class teams and records who refuse to believe this and promote the outswinger because they think they know better.

City famously came up with this piece of data in 11/12. Gavin Fleig sat Mancini down and summarised 400 hours of corner footage and showed him the stats and we went from not scoring a corner in 23 games to scoring 15 goals from corners that year.

Again, this is a settled debate in football. There's no question about it - inswingers produce more goals and more chances. Yet we have to watch in the top leagues in the world the same old outswingers again and again because of some bullshit fantasy knowledge they learnt through osmosis years ago. It's maddening.

On a positive note, well done vinny. Hope he's good for the run in. Also wel played Delph, I was critical of his inclusion but he was arguably our best performer.

That's what I don't get, Pep was supposed to be the manager to bring fight, make us better than the sum. However now it's turned to shit he's blameless, it's all the players fault.
He plays a thinking man's game. The prem is rough and tumble. I'm no sure the twain should meet.
As for his squad the entire universe knew he was coming. The players he wanted should have been acquired last summer. To then let January come and go without addressing that defence is actually criminal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.