EDS vs Derby 19:00

mccity

Just seen about an hour ago we're playing these guys tonight. Any good folk aware of an avenue to watch this game time? Cheers.

A bit late as they're an hour in but:

Grimshaw, Humphreys, Adarabioyo, Davenport, Smith, Kongolo, Buckley, Fernandes, Ambrose, Diaz, Sancho

Subs: Haug, Oliver, Diallo, Dilrosun, Nmecha

Derby scored first on 30 minutes and Ambrose equalised on 56 mins. Kongolo has put us 2-1 up on 59 mins.

That was literally a game of two halves. Never got going in the first half and the Derby attack were causing all sorts or problems. They could have been two or three up by HT. We missed a good chance, the only one IIRC, in the first half, but come the break, two subs, and Derby got a right spanking. Fast, flowing football and goals to boot. Great second half performance! Well done, lads.

That was literally a game of two halves. Never got going in the first half and the Derby attack were causing all sorts or problems. They could have been two or three up by HT. We missed a good chance, the only one IIRC, in the first half, but come the break, two subs, and Derby got a right spanking. Fast, flowing football and goals to boot. Great second half performance! Well done, lads.

didnt make it tonight I`m going to try tomorrow against chelsea before the hull game

Talk about a game of 2 halves ! We started the game with a back 3, 2 holding (sort of) midfield players, 2 in front of them and then 3 across the top ( sort of). It was all a bit of a mess actually and we might easily have been more than 1 down at half time. A few decent bits and pieces but nothing really sustained or that suggested the players really knew what they were doing.

The back 3 included Jacob Davenport on the left side which is probably his first in that role and maybe weird as we had a center half on the bench. I guess it's all about trying systems out and within that players get different roles to experience. usually with a back 3 you can identify 2 wingbacks.Well if there were 2 it would I suppose have been Sancho and Buckley but I didn't see yhem gat back much so it wa all a dogs dinner.

Two players in particular were close to invisible and both were hooked at half time as Davies rang the changes. Diallo came on with Nmecha but more importantly we switched to a back 4. Even more importantly I though we came out with real intent and in the first minute Matt Smith crunched into two challenges which just had not been happening in the first half.

The changes changed the game totally and it was amazing we had not scored before Amrose did, pouncing on a save from a Nmecha header. Sancho had missed a one on one before that and Ambrose had one great attempt headed virtually off the line. We were now coming at them in waves with Diaz looking brilliant in a proper number 10 role and Sancho starting to scare them down the left.

Nmecha was playing wide right but he too was causing all sorts of problems.The 2nd came from a brilliant turn and break from Diaz ( not his first) and this time he got the pass right (just) for a flying Kongolo just to his right. Good finish off the bar. The 4th was Sancho cutting right across the area from the left and looking for space for a shot.The defence all moved across to stop him but he then just rolled it to Nmecha who instantly side footed it across the keeper from 12 yards. Great finish from a striker in great nick.

The 4th was another great break from Diaz, he fed Sancho in full flow, past the full back and pulled the ball back for the retreating full back to knock it into his own net.

We were really good in that 2nd half in almost every department. Maybe Tosin and Humphreys could have been better and more commanding, Davenport again showed he isn't a full back but 100% as ever. Matt Smith superb again despite some errant passing. Very pleased with Diallo when he came on and Kongolo showed much better when the system changed to sensible.

Interesting that with a big 18's game tomorrow v Chelsea 5 of tonights team ( Diaz, Smith, Sancho, Diallo and Nmecha certainly won't be playing in it. Which tells me the story that player development is more important than winning a trophy ar 18's level!

I expect a very young 18's side then against the strongest 18's out there. Wilson and Frimpong maybe as full backs. Midfield of Foden, Pozo, Dele- Bashiru, wit 3 up top of Poveda,Bolton and Gonzalez. Can't wait.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.