City v Chelsea (u18 PL)

Nice to see the kids do what the first team should be doing...shame Pep doesn't trust them yet
Correct, I mean I know Bobby Duncan is only 15 but surely if you're old enough...

Just in case you're confused, I was taking the piss out of you.

Correct, I mean I know Bobby Duncan is only 15 but surely if you're old enough...

Just in case you're confused, I was taking the piss out of you.
Well I'm right, so more fool you. When Pep turns back to Navas, Delph, Vinnie and Yaya after ditching them, he's snubbing youth. No reason based on his current team selection why Maffeo, Garcia, Diaz, Foden and Sancho couldn't have had more game time.

Like many I was a bit worried that with so many of our potential starters having played last night that we would be overfaced today but delighted that the next crop stepped up and put away a very tough opponent.
Hello all, Chelsea fan.

I haven't seen the game yet but well done to your lads.

Both sides were weaker than they will be for the final. Only four of today's Chelsea line up are likely to start the final.

I was intrigued to see if the clubs would go all in chasing the national title, or if they would stick to the policy of 'playing up'. In the end, I'm glad both clubs put player development first and selected the lads who normally appear for the EDS squad to play last night, instead of in this fixture.

He should never had gotten the first yellow card, which is presumably why he didn't get a second.

Seeing a player who got a very soft first yellow not get sent off after a possible second yellow is certainly not exclusive to youth football

Perhaps not, but they were both yellow card offences.

Well I'm right, so more fool you. When Pep turns back to Navas, Delph, Vinnie and Yaya after ditching them, he's snubbing youth. No reason based on his current team selection why Maffeo, Garcia, Diaz, Foden and Sancho couldn't have had more game time.

I agree to an extent. However the players you have stated are not ready for the 1st team minus Garcia. They are all class acts but i can see Maffeo going out on loan next year to play in a higher level competition that what he is currently playing. The rest need to play another season at u23 level although out of all of them i am most excited by Foden and Garcia.

Id like to add Gonzalez to that mix as well. That lad looks lightning

http://www.cherwell.org/2017/04/05/the-gradual-death-of-the-fa-youth-cup/

Not sure if this has already been posted, but written from a Chelsea perspective, it's quite an interesting article.
His research is a bit lacking, he left Sturridge out of his list of post-2000 Youth Cup winners who went on to get full England appearances.

First time I've seen Garre and Duncan today, considering they were stepping up an age group both looked very comfortable. Gonzalez is remarkably quick, he may end up faster than Sane!

I noticed that our forwards were up against physically bigger defenders (as usual vs Chelsea) but we looked more able to deal with that than in the previous couple of years. Gonzalez looks a stockily built lad and Poveda's solo run in the first half owed as much to his determination not to be outmuscled as it did to good skill.

For Chelsea, Hudson-Odoi looked the most threatening attacker and will need watching carefully in the Final.

I agree to an extent. However the players you have stated are not ready for the 1st team minus Garcia. They are all class acts but i can see Maffeo going out on loan next year to play in a higher level competition that what he is currently playing. The rest need to play another season at u23 level although out of all of them i am most excited by Foden and Garcia.

Id like to add Gonzalez to that mix as well. That lad looks lightning

2nd half was a glorified shop window, where 8/9 players on the pitch for us might as well have had "For Sale" tags on their kits. If the likes of the above had been given minutes here and there and given a chance over players Pep clearly doesn't want and is now shoehorning back into the team, they'd have been ready for more time today, or at least no less ready than those who were ditched for 3 months before being called back to play RB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.