Arijanet Muric | Joins Burnley on a permanent deal

cadds92

18yr old Swiss EDS keeper,signed from Grasshopper Zurich.

Our number 2 next season, or does a loan beckon?

I have a feeling both Caballero and Bravo will be off in the summer.

Caballero will be at NYCFC I reckon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Our number 2 next season, or does a loan beckon?

I have a feeling both Caballero and Bravo will be off in the summer.

Caballero will be at NYCFC I reckon.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if he was our Donnaruma? Young guy coming out of nowhere becoming a world-class keeper in a year or two

He's brilliant, a proper goalkeeper who can use his feet as well, better than Gunn in my opinion, although Gunn is still very good and deserves his chance.

If it genuinely is the case that they'll be playing first team games next season then they should start using them this season.

Last edited:
The match against Chelsea yesterday was the only time i've seen him really tested, and he was immense.

Commanded the box, saved everything, distributed well and he's got the perfect physique for a keeper.

People rightly focus on Diaz, Foden etc, but this guy is in with as a good a chance as they are.

Muric looks more of a standout to me. Gunn will be loaned.

How could you possibly make that judgement? Gunn has been faultless in every single game he played for the U23's this season, Muric has still made a couple of mistakes and his long distribution is inconsistent. He is commanding in the box and sweeps well but has a lot of things to improve on when it comes to his passing.

Recency bias and all that..

How could you possibly make that judgement? Gunn has been faultless in every single game he played for the U23's this season, Muric has still made a couple of mistakes and his long distribution is inconsistent. He is commanding in the box and sweeps well but has a lot of things to improve on when it comes to his passing.

Think if Muric is in the squad it will be as number 3 in place of Gunn. Gunn needs games and regular league football he cant spend another season not playing at his age.

It's a media like reaction to someone having a great game isn't it? Granted he was special yesterday and is a wonderful prospect but let's not go over the top just yet.

Gunn has been magnificent for a while and I can remember one performance (there have been plenty) where he was similarly outstanding. Saved us through the match and then saved 2 or 3 penalties to get us through to the next round.

Angus is also very very confident and good with his feet. If, as is reported, we are in for the Benfica keeper it would seem Angus's time at City might be over as he really needs first team action. He is currently the England under 21's keeper along with Pickford. Pickford might be first choice but Angus has had plenty of games. Pickford is playing regular prem games and getting some great reviews whilst Angus has to sit behind Willie and Bravo! Something not quite right there.

I can see your point.

From my point of view I think Muric looks to have the brighter future.

He looks like a future Premier League player to me as he has all the physical attributes along with the shot stopping and distribution.

I think it's no coincidence Gunn - who is 22 next year - hasn't had any first team football anywhere yet in his career. I just don't think he is as good as many make out.

Pickford - his rival for the number 1 spot in the England u21's - on the other hand had around 100 league appearances and 6 loans before getting the number 1 spot at the age of 22 at Sunderland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.