City v Chelsea (u18 PL)

2nd half was a glorified shop window, where 8/9 players on the pitch for us might as well have had "For Sale" tags on their kits. If the likes of the above had been given minutes here and there and given a chance over players Pep clearly doesn't want and is now shoehorning back into the team, they'd have been ready for more time today, or at least no less ready than those who were ditched for 3 months before being called back to play RB.

Mate, they were all 15/16/17. I don't think any of them is expecting first team football yet, and I don't think any of them are fully ready either and I'm one of the biggest advocates of youth inclusion that you're likely to meet! Even Messi wasn't playing first team football at 15/16!

Mate, they were all 15/16/17. I don't think any of them is expecting first team football yet, and I don't think any of them are fully ready either and I'm one of the biggest advocates of youth inclusion that you're likely to meet! Even Messi wasn't playing first team football at 15/16!

there is clearly an older bunch who have a more of a future than Navas/Delph/Nolito/Fernando and should be given the opportunity ahead of them as a result.

Agreed,i really enjoyed it.
I thought Gonzalez was a proper handful,he's fast as fuck and built like a tank.....in a couple of years i can see him destroying any defender,a fantastic prospect.I also agree about Coveney,he looks very comfortable and accomplished on the ball and he reads the game and times his challenge's(despite the card) brilliantly.

Foden was just Foden - magic! Decent debut/intro for Garre too.

Gonzalez really stood up today. He gets the chop when we play the big 18's games and Nmecha comes in which I guess is fair enough and Nmecha is seriously on fire at the moment. But Gonzalez was a bit special today and upped his game and looked the real deal, even if he is only 16.That half volley attempt that smashed into the inside of the post was just sensational. I liked him a lot before today but today was a wow.

Gonzalez really stood up today. He gets the chop when we play the big 18's games and Nmecha comes in which I guess is fair enough and Nmecha is seriously on fire at the moment. But Gonzalez was a bit special today and upped his game and looked the real deal, even if he is only 16.That half volley attempt that smashed into the inside of the post was just sensational. I liked him a lot before today but today was a wow.
Alongside Unal perhaps? they could be a devastating little and large show.

Anyone questioning our academy?? just have a little more patience......it will very much be worth it!

Anyone questioning our academy?? just have a little more patience......it will very much be worth it!

No idea yet re Unal. Just haven't seen enough and whilst the goals from the Dutch league been very good they are just in the Dutch league. Ideally he gets on the pre season tour and we (Pep) can have a closer look at him. Never easy though is if our current 3 strikers are all fit plus maybe Ambrose to get Unal in. At least Gonzalez is still only 16 so plenty of time yet for him.

We get excited, rightly so at the EDS but the kids coming through at U18 and U16 look absolutely top drawer.

The next few years is going to be incredible if we can get some of them breaking through and i see no reason why we cant.

We get excited, rightly so at the EDS but the kids coming through at U18 and U16 look absolutely top drawer.

The next few years is going to be incredible if we can get some of them breaking through and i see no reason why we cant.

Timing is going to be key.

I am no expert but I look at some of those Chelsea lads in recent years and think quite a few of them could be England and Premier League regulars by now. The management of certain players in my opinion didn't look right. It was as if they left them too long and in result some players lost hunger and motivation and rested on their multiple thousands/ millionaire academy contracts.

I remember a few years ago watching England U19's against Italy and both Dele Alli and Loftus Cheek played. Loftus-Cheek looked one of the best players if not the best player in the pitch, outshines Dele Alli and looked set to be a future England regular.

2 and a half years later and Dele Alli has played around 100 league games, won PFA young player of the year and looks set to win again this season, is scoring nearly 20 league goals at 20 from midfield, and is a regular for England. Loftus-Cheek barely makes the Chelsea bench I think.

Hello all, Chelsea fan.

I haven't seen the game yet but well done to your lads.

Both sides were weaker than they will be for the final. Only four of today's Chelsea line up are likely to start the final.

I was intrigued to see if the clubs would go all in chasing the national title, or if they would stick to the policy of 'playing up'. In the end, I'm glad both clubs put player development first and selected the lads who normally appear for the EDS squad to play last night, instead of in this fixture.

Reece James, Guehi, Maddox, Mceachran, Hudson Odoi, Castillo and Ukakwe should all be involved, so thats 7 players.

Would like to mention young pozo thought he had a good game, always in the right spot when needed to be and not getting regular games in the lge or the cup behind smith in the pecking order.

Would like to mention young pozo thought he had a good game, always in the right spot when needed to be and not getting regular games in the lge or the cup behind smith in the pecking order.

Pozo has been good all season. Shame for him that he isn't an automatic choice as he is good enough and it's not only Matt Smith who can be in front of him in the pecking order.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.