Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we manage to sell Otamendi for £30mil, we could see both Laporte and Van Dijk being signed. 3atb with Laporte, VvD and Stones would be brilliant

I agree that them three would be great and are young enough to be at city for years!

I'd hope we would try and swap ota for Isco if Madrid still want him
I reckon Madrid's interest in Aguero and Otamendi as pure journo's BS, they're simply not on required level. And Isco won't leave Spanish capital for a foreign club of a (yet) lower profile, besides his wage demands aren't fitting our wage structure, from what I've managed to read.
Back on topic - reading too many arguments in this thread pointing that VVD can't belong to the list of our main targets.

Last edited:
He was playing for Celtic with Denayer, why we couldn't get him ?
We were following Celtic at that time to watch Denayer progress, someone could just tell the club to sign VVD.

I'd take him over Laporte personally - we need someone proven in the league, had enough mishaps at CB as is. Van Dijk suits our play style & is a bit of a monster, just wish we hadn't waited until he's got a long-term contract at Sot'on to decide we might want him, plenty of opportunities to have got him cheaper.

I'd take him over Laporte personally - we need someone proven in the league, had enough mishaps at CB as is. Van Dijk suits our play style & is a bit of a monster, just wish we hadn't waited until he's got a long-term contract at Sot'on to decide we might want him, plenty of opportunities to have got him cheaper.

I agree about being premier league proven, it's the same reason why I would like us to go after Rose at left back as well.

Both would be good enough on the European stage as well.

Second best CB in the league after alderweireld imo
He is better than Airewereld in my opinion. There is just more to his game than people give him credit for.

Big, strong, reads the play well, stays generally calm, passes diligently, tackles hard supreme . in the air. His only downside is this season ending injury his just had. Pound for pound he shits on everyone of the other CBS.

That said I see the allure of Laporte. The symmetry of aleft and right footed CB combo. He is faster than Virgil, and more aggressive. He is a bit like Otamendi. Front footed, aggressive. believes in the supremacy of his defensive talent and like Ota, he too has that rabid dawg go get the ball mentality.

Virgil will be my pick, but Laporte is okay too.

But what makes him a better fit than Laporte? Both left-footed, tough, have basically the same main attributes.
Injuries? Laporte did his ACL, but that was at a very young age (15).

Nothing. We need more than one if Kompany and Ottamendi are both going (which they probably should). We currently only have one CB that we can count on that has any understanding of Pep's tactics.

I reckon Madrid's interest in Aguero and Otamendi as pure journo's BS, they're simply not on required level. And Isco won't leave Spanish capital for a foreign club of a (yet) lower profile, besides his wage demands aren't fitting our wage structure, from what I've managed to read.
Back on topic - reading too many arguments in this thread pointing that VVD can't belong to the list of our main targets.

You don't think Real has real interest in Aguero or that he is good enough for them? Do you rate Benzema higher?

I think Isco will either sign a new deal (forcing James to leave) or leave Spain. He certainly isn't going to Atletico and Barca would surprise me. I actually think we are one of the best spots for him when you consider wages, coaches, and overall strength in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.