Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd be limiting what he offers to the team and hugely limiting his potential by playing him as a wing back, IMO. He's going to be a damn good winger, as he's already shown in glimpses in the past few months.
I understand that, but you have to think of the team as a whole. Yes, as a wingback Sane has to be more defensive (and Sterling or whoever the other wingback is), but in turn we get an extra attacking player (say Jesus or Patrick Roberts) who can be added in, is this not worth it?

France football saying we're slapping in a bid for Benjamin Mendy Monaco £29 million.

France football saying we're slapping in a bid for Benjamin Mendy Monaco £29 million.
Plenty of pace but doesn't seem to have the footballing brain or passing ability to do what Guardiola wants from a fullback, bit of a run in straight lines merchant, I'd be surprised if this one was true.

I was pretty impressed with him when we played Monaco, think he'd be a good signing.

Mendy would be perfect. He's strong, he's fast, he's not a short arse and he can really cross a ball. Of all the LB's we've been linked with this is the one I want us to get the most.

Mendy would be perfect. He's strong, he's fast, he's not a short arse and he can really cross a ball. Of all the LB's we've been linked with this is the one I want us to get the most.
That describes Mendy, but not sure it describes what Pep wants from his fullbacks, he rather a fullback that can tuck in and play as a midfielder. That's how he used Alaba and Lahm, rather that marauding overlapping fullbacks.

Signing 2 young attacking fullbacks might be ok in home games but away from home we will struggle especially if we haven't got the midfielders to keep hold of the ball. Look at arsenal and spurs both got attacking fullbacks and both teams have struggled away from home.

Fits the current media narrative of us bidding on half the Monaco squad.

Mendy would be a good pick at LB if Bernat or Grimaldo didn't work out. Would take him over Rose for our system, at least.

That describes Mendy, but not sure it describes what Pep wants from his fullbacks, he rather a fullback that can tuck in and play as a midfielder. That's how he used Alaba and Lahm, rather that marauding overlapping fullbacks.

Perhaps but the last thing I want us to do is buy 2 midgets who might be able to pass a football but will get dominated at the far post on set pieces. Pep has his philosophy but he also needs to buy players that suit the league we are playing in. This league will always be physical and having two weak as fuck full backs will not help us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.