Wilfried Zaha

We're looking for young-ish English/homegrown players who can get some games as a squad player so we can meet the necessary quota.

I can see the reason for our interest. He's been on a real tear of late, and I think some are underestimating his talents.

Spurs are supposedly very interested and they aren't exactly a crap team.

Our rumoured following of Wilshere and Chamberlin are correlated to this, as was our reasons for signing Delph.

He has turned into a great winger, he is older than both Sterling and Sané though and not as good. I think he is off to Spurs or stays at Palace with a 120k/w contract, would be a bad move for him to come here and rot on the bench. Given the time he wasted at the rags already I doubt he would do the same again.

And he would block the pathway of Sancho. Which we really don't want to see.

A bit soon to be touting Sancho as ready for the first team, no?

Zaha is 24 and a squad player for our side. Garcia can barely get a game, is not ready to play so regularly and therefore Sancho's development will be hindered over this potential signing? Let's slow our roll here.

Probably staying put for another season or off to Spurs anyway.

We're looking for young-ish English/homegrown players who can get some games as a squad player so we can meet the necessary quota.

I can see the reason for our interest. He's been on a real tear of late, and I think some are underestimating his talents.

Spurs are supposedly very interested and they aren't exactly a crap team.

Our rumoured following of Wilshere and Chamberlin are correlated to this, as was our reasons for signing Delph.

I don't get this when we have a really promising player in Roberts waiting in the wings and have players like Diaz, Sancho and Foden who look like they might be able to get a game very soon.

I will be left really frustrated if I see us blow £25m-£30m a piece on one or two of Chamberlain, Zaha or Wilshere.

I don't get this when we have a really promising player in Roberts waiting in the wings and have players like Diaz, Sancho and Foden who look like they might be able to get a game very soon.

I will be left really frustrated if I see us blow £25m-£30m a piece on one or two of Chamberluan, Zaha or Wilshere.

Because Roberts et al. are not ready to play at our level yet and we need squad players who Pep can comfortably slot in when he needs to give our starters a rest. KDB and Silva can barely get one because of either injuries or lack of trust in the players that cover them. We missed Nasri in particularl for this role, and Delph was a hope, and has been hurt too frequently.

The players you list have yet to prove themselves to Pep and our scouts/coaches so I think they will need more work to get there, and we are of the idea that we cannot risk putting too much unproven youth in the squad whilst vying for all of the trophies we seek.

Garcia, for example, is loved by our fans but can barely get a game. He's not strong enough, physically, even though he has the other tools. I don't see him fitting in next season as he will likely improve, unless he improves drastically. He needs games, so I suspect we will loan him out to a mid/lower table PL or La Liga side.

There's one space left in that quota, we're not desperate.
Because Roberts et al. are not ready to play at our level yet
This is your opinion, not a fact.

A bit soon to be touting Sancho as ready for the first team, no?

Zaha is 24 and a squad player for our side. Garcia can barely get a game, is not ready to play so regularly and therefore Sancho's development will be hindered over this potential signing? Let's slow our roll here.

Probably staying put for another season or off to Spurs anyway.

I never said Sancho is ready for the first team right now, we do know he is coming on the preseason to the US though and buying Zaha will only make his path into the first team a lot more difficult, and I don't think Zaha's ability is worth that risk. Players like Sancho you have to very careful about because he has to be promised a path into the team when he signs his professional deal or he'll fuck off to any team in the world and make faster progress. He's a confident kid too, so I can see him believing he wants to be an established first teamer when he is 18-19

Zaha would be a squad player for us, but he won't accept that role after what happened at United. Pretty much a sure thing for Spurs with N'Koudou and Sissoko being lesser successes.

I don't see the relevance in comparing Aleix Garcia's role in the first team to Sancho's, different players, different roles. Aleix is much more dependent on the players around him in midfield while Sancho is an independent winger.

Not the greatest of signings but if Zaha does end up at City then fair enough he is the right fit for the club.

There's one space left in that quota, we're not desperate.

This is your opinion, not a fact.

I'm not saying we are desperate, but there is a fight going on for such players on top teams in England for a reason.

Clichy is gone, so there's a spot we need to fill and I have a feeling we are concerned about Delph's fitness, for good reason.

We can use EDS players to fill these slots, but would seem that this is not the primary way we wish to go.

As for Roberts, okay, sure this is my opinion, but I don't think it's exactly one that's not shared by others. I cannot say I am watching him play much, but he has not been featuring regularly in Celtic's setup so why should we assume he gets into the team next season?

I hope so, and I'm not saying we SHOULD 100% buy Zaha, I am saying I can see why we may be looking at him as an option.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.