Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen this lad play at all.

But happy we are after him as it shows that Pep acknowledges that there is a problem with the goalkeepers and one that needs to be rectified for us to progress.

Id happy keep WC as back up keeper sell Bravo and get this lad in... Willy has done ok this season and seems happy to play the role of second keeper. I don't think Bravo would be happy to do that as thats why he left Barca wasn't it? Just a guess mind

Its a meaningless stat in the champs league because there are so few games. Its like buying who is the best scorer after the first 8 games of the season. You can expect a regression to the mean after a whole season of games.
It's a meaningless stat full stop in isolation. Benfica are the dominant team in their league, so a lot of those saves are going to be from frustrated shots from distance, half chances etc. I'd rather see something like the Caballero/Bravo expected goals matrix that was put up on here recently.

Never seen this lad play at all.

But happy we are after him as it shows that Pep acknowledges that there is a problem with the goalkeepers and one that needs to be rectified for us to progress.

Id happy keep WC as back up keeper sell Bravo and get this lad in... Willy has done ok this season and seems happy to play the role of second keeper. I don't think Bravo would be happy to do that as thats why he left Barca wasn't it? Just a guess mind
I think that depends on whether we can find a suitable buyer for Bravo (ie one that matches our valuation and he's happy to sign for) and what our plans are for Gunn. We may get rid of both, use Gunn as the cup/backup keeper and make a Wright/Taylor style signing as emergency cover, we may be forced into keeping Bravo as second choice.

Does it still sat that? It did 10 mins ago, scuse my slow response, I have just got off the floor from reading that Aguero's 28 goals in 38 games is shit
Never scored 40 league goals in a season mate, he, along with every other striker in the top 5 leagues bar Suarez, Tranny and Messi in the last 40 years, has been utter shite. Even they've only managed to be average for 7 of 41 seasons between them. The whole game is being ripped off tbh, the fans should do something about it.

It's a meaningless stat full stop in isolation. Benfica are the dominant team in their league, so a lot of those saves are going to be from frustrated shots from distance, half chances etc. I'd rather see something like the Caballero/Bravo expected goals matrix that was put up on here recently.
Again, the highlighted above is s guess, the season long stats are not. While its not dispositive (a point I repeat constantly) but its better than the guess work of Cheadle blue claiming Hart is better st everything other than kicking without any basis. Just like the highlighted above is just a guess too. Again of even lesser value than an actual stat.

Again, the highlighted above is s guess, the season long stats are not. While its not dispositive (a point I repeat constantly) but its better than the guess work of Cheadle blue claiming Hart is better st everything other than kicking without any basis. Just like the highlighted above is just a guess too. Again of even lesser value than an actual stat.
So, go and find the stats to prove me wrong, you like digging through stats, don't you?

So, go and find the stats to prove me wrong, you like digging through stats, don't you?
I have a march to attend. But besides, I'm not trying to prove you wrong, simply saying in relation to Cheadle Blue's comments, I'm not inclined to believe an opinion based on not at the minimum watching the 2 players being compared.

And on a side note, its not that I like digging through stats, its that I like knowing what is in fact going on, rather than what people have guessed is going on.

You can read my comments the last month in here and on other threads, I've been banging on about how goalkeeper and finishing chances have been our 2 weakest links.

Not fullbacks or a dominant Centerback as the narrative had often suggested here for the most part. Uptop's stats simply confirmed what I've been banging on about for weeks. Its not the stats, but rather the insight that it gives, that I appreciate.

I have a march to attend. But besides, I'm not trying to prove you wrong, simply saying in relation to Cheadle Blue's comments, I'm not inclined to believe an opinion based on not at the minimum watching the 2 players being compared.
It's based on watching all but 2 of Benfica's games since we were linked mate, he's made some good one on one saves and commands his area well, but for every clear cut chance he faces, he faces between 2 and 3 from improbable angles or distances. As is pretty much the norm for any goalkeeper playing for a dominant team behind a solid, settled defence. It also explains the drop between league and CL where Benfica aren't able to dominate to the same extent, face a higher standard of attacking play and he, as a result, faces more clear cut chances, going from 4.5 saves per goal to 2.3 this season. This doesn't mean he's not a good goalkeeper, 2.3 playing for a team of Benfica's quality against superior opposition is impressive and he's still not making mistakes, but it does give context to the figures and I'd be confident that the stats would back up what I've written above.

Based on pretty much every post CHB's has ever posted, I'd imagine he's basing this on Joe being English and Ederson being foreign.

piss of haha good of you to have read every post I've ever put on blue moon. I'm basing it on what i saw Joe do for us, he was a brilliant player for us. it doesnt matter whether there english or not, if they are good enough. i do like having english players in our team, especially local ones if possible i.e. tosin, gunn, foden would be good. is there anything wrong with that ?? or are you claiming i dont like foreign players/people ? where have i put that' i dont like foreign players' ?.

unless you think me wanting english players in the team makes me anti foreigner ? which would be fucking ridiculous

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.