Full Backs?

Laporte, who we're also interested in, nearly managed to pick up as many reds in 3 seasons as Ramos (complete dirty bastard of a player) managed to in 12 seasons. Laporte isn't a dirty player at all, just didn't know when to give up on a challenge and trust his team mates. Has since dislocated his ankle with a stupid tackle and copped on.

It's a process with young players, Theo is having his first full senior season and he's had some concentration issues definitely, things like that people never pick up when they only watch highlights videos and see his full throttle run across the entire pitch but he's had a remarkable season for a 19-year-old all things considered

It's a process with young players, Theo is having his first full senior season and he's had some concentration issues definitely, things like that people never pick up when they only watch highlights videos and see his full throttle run across the entire pitch but he's had a remarkable season for a 19-year-old all things considered
I've no problem with a younger player doing that, as long as they're showing signs of progression tbh. To go back to Laporte again, did not want to sign him this time last year as there were no signs that he was getting it, would like us to sign him this year as he obviously has learned now. Hernandez? Don't mind it as much in a full back anyway tbh, most of the ones over 23 are fucking shite and riddled with bad habits anyway, I'd rather bring in someone with some small amount of senior football experience but plenty of potential and mould them, especially as the role we're looking for our fullbacks to perform is a rarity among other clubs.

Youtube vids are enough to conclude that he's a star in the making. Sadly, I don't see him within our reach.

Youtube vids are enough to conclude that he's a star in the making. Sadly, I don't see him within our reach.

No, you should never base your opinion of a player on youtube highlights but it seems like it goes on here a lot because I doubt people here having an opinion on Theo/Ederson for example watch Alaves and Benfica games outside the odd game against the big boys. Only acceptable vids would be 'every touch/action'-compilations but not highlights that only picks out the good parts and cuts off the 'clip' right before the player has had a loose touch or an incomplete pass.

No, you should never base your opinion of a player on youtube highlights but it seems like it goes on here a lot because I doubt people here having an opinion on Theo/Ederson for example watch Alaves and Benfica games outside the odd game against the big boys. Only acceptable vids would be 'every touch/action'-compilations but not highlights that only picks out the good parts and cuts off the 'clip' right before the player has had a loose touch or an incomplete pass.
Agree, but I've watched his comps from games vs Real and Barcelona, think they contain all that an average fan like me needs to know:

The guy's a beast, very raw but certainly has potential to be No1 in his position. He's like Bale with defending ability. The question is his intelligence/awareness, we'll find it out with time only. Think Real will get him and loan out like they did with, say, Carvajal.

He's been sent off once for a nasty tackle. Hardly a big sample size, I know he's a bit mental which could be a good thing but he doesn't have a proven record of being dirty yet.

No he's been sent off twice, like I said, both for nasty tackles, one which broke someone's leg, and the other which was blatant retaliation.

For the record I've seen a lot of Hernandez because Alaves have been put onto Friday night games by La Liga a lot this season and thanks to having to work Late, i end up watching a lot of them in the office. He is very good, but he's got a nasty streak.

Some might think that's a good thing by the way.

Agree, but I've watched his comps from games vs Real and Barcelona, think they contain all that an average fan like me needs to know:

The guy's a beast, very raw but certainly has potential to be No1 in his position. He's like Bale with defending ability. The question is his intelligence/awareness, we'll find it out with time only. Think Real will get him and loan out like they did with, say, Carvajal.

Absolutely, those vids are ones I agree with. I'm not bashing on Theo, he's one of my favorite fullbacks in the world right now.

No he's been sent off twice, like I said, both for nasty tackles, one which broke someone's leg, and the other which was blatant retaliation.

For the record I've seen a lot of Hernandez because Alaves have been put onto Friday night games by La Liga a lot this season and thanks to having to work Late, i end up watching a lot of them in the office. He is very good, but he's got a nasty streak.

Some might think that's a good thing by the way.

Theo wasn't sent off for the tackle on Aleix Vidal, which wasn't even a foul to begin with, just an unfortunate situation. Please do some research before you try and correct me. His only sending off this season was the retaliation tackle in the 90' minute or something against Malaga where he lost his head and in CdR against Depor where he collected two yellow cards(no nasty tackles there).

I was mostly talking generally when I referred to youtube compilations, not Theo specifically because I think he'll be one of the best fullbacks in the world in 2-3 years when he's had more experience of playing, he is a lethal wingback right now though

Still scratching my head about who we're in for. Looks like Henrichs is done (already had meetings with his agent, similar to the Gundogan meetings last year) possibly with Fabinho covering at RB, but it's still up in the air at LB. Judging by media links it seems we're in for Gaya, makes sense as he seems attainable for a reasonable fee, probably not the best option though. The once heavy Grimaldo and Bernat links have went quiet. Mendy will apparently cost £65m. Still linked to Rose, but I can't see that happening. Any thoughts blues?

Still scratching my head about who we're in for. Looks like Henrichs is done (already had meetings with his agent, similar to the Gundogan meetings last year) possibly with Fabinho covering at RB, but it's still up in the air at LB. Judging by media links it seems we're in for Gaya, makes sense as he seems attainable for a reasonable fee, probably not the best option though. The once heavy Grimaldo and Bernat links have went quiet. Mendy will apparently cost £65m. Still linked to Rose, but I can't see that happening. Any thoughts blues?
Hope we stay away from Mendy and Rose. If Henrich is set then I think we don't get Fabihno. It will be Henrich at RB with probably Maffeo and at LB hopefully Grimaldo, Bernat or Gaya.I think the backup will be in house too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.