Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
And on a side note, its not that I like digging through stats, its that I like knowing what is in fact going on, rather than what people have guessed is going on.

You can read my comments the last month in here and on other threads, I've been banging on about how goalkeeper and finishing chances have been our 2 weakest links.

Not fullbacks or a dominant Centerback as the narrative had often suggested here for the most part. Uptop's stats simply confirmed what I've been banging on about for weeks. Its not the stats, but rather the insight that it gives, that I appreciate.
Fullbacks have had a huge effect on our quality in both boxes in terms of stopping clear cut chances and stretching play, stats won't give you their effect on the average positioning of the opposition defence.

Fullbacks have had a huge effect on our quality in both boxes in terms of stopping clear cut chances and stretching play, stats won't give you their effect on the average positioning of the opposition defence.
Again, I haven't suggested fullbacks haven't. But watching the game I find that our fullbacks have been no more inconsistent than our scoring. Clichy has often had giidvgames in spite of goal causing errors or lapses in Judgement.

Kola has been great at CB, So I'm happy I was wrong about wanting him the out (I'm annoyed by this by the way, normally I'm the one who'd have seen the possible value of Kolarov at CB), I didn't.

Zaba has had a few stellar games and Sagna is still solid defensively. Upgrades are severly needed, I get that.But if you kept our fullbacks constant and improved goalscoring and keeping to the average we'll be in the thick of the race. In not sure the same can be said for our fullback performance. While not on Per with Spurs, its in fact average.

Again, I haven't suggested fullbacks haven't. But watching the game I find that our fullbacks have been no more inconsistent than our scoring. Clichy has often had giidvgames in spite of goal causing errors or lapses in Judgement.

Kola has been great at CB, So I'm happy I was wrong about wanting him the out (I'm annoyed by this by the way, normally I'm the one who'd have seen the possible value of Kolarov at CB), I didn't.

Zaba has had a few stellar games and Sagna is still solid defensively. Upgrades are severly needed, I get that.But if you kept our fullbacks constant and improved goalscoring and keeping to the average we'll be in the thick of the race. In not sure the same can be said for our fullback performance. While not on Per with Spurs, its in fact average.
None of them have contributed anything in an attacking sense, bar Zaba when he played in midfield against the Hammers. That's making it a lot harder for us to make our possession and territorial control count as we're losing either space to operate in the centre as the opposition aren't stretched wide enough, or we're losing bodies in the area when Sané and Sterling are forced to stay wide. Right now, we aren't creating chances when we have the opposition pegged back, the majority of our chances are coming from fast turnovers and breaks.

PS: We'll probably get a call from Fantasyireland soon. :p

So to get back on topic, hope the kid from the middle East knows his info by tweaking Wiki :-).

And just a side note, having watched most of Ederson's games the last few month, I think I his superior saves are a factor of a purple patch and superior reflexes.

None of them have contributed anything in an attacking sense, bar Zaba when he played in midfield against the Hammers. That's making it a lot harder for us to make our possession and territorial control count as we're losing either space to operate in the centre as the opposition aren't stretched wide enough, or we're losing bodies in the area when Sané and Sterling are forced to stay wide. Right now, we aren't creating chances when we have the opposition pegged back, the majority of our chances are coming from fast turnovers and breaks.
I agree. I think Ederson and better fullbacks will help considerably. So will better possession and movement from Dihno, Aguero and Debryune. Our chance creation has actually slowed down as the season has worn on. I have a theory about why.

We need to get younger everywhere. Its just a theory though.

He is very good but i'd prefer an european keeper tbh.
I'm Brazilian but i dont rate our keepers.
They cust us at least 03 world cups.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is very good but i'd prefer an european keeper tbh.
I'm Brazilian but i dont rate our keepers.
They cust us at least 03 world cups.
The stereotype of Brazilian keepers being poor is widespread, but it doesn't tell anything about this particular player. Dida, for example, was brilliant, so I wouldn't be so sceptical. Think he'd be a good choice for City.

I agree. I think Ederson and better fullbacks will help considerably. So will better possession and movement from Dihno, Aguero and Debryune. Our chance creation has actually slowed down as the season has worn on. I have a theory about why.

We need to get younger everywhere. Its just a theory though.

It's not a theory. It's a fact. We have to get younger faster FB's, keeper, and CDM/pivot. I wish we'd have gotten Kante like I was screaming for. We'd have won the league easily if we did.

It's not a theory. It's a fact. We have to get younger faster FB's, keeper, and CDM/pivot. I wish we'd have gotten Kante like I was screaming for. We'd have won the league easily if we did.
I doubt it. As it wouldn't have reduced the few chances from going in or our forwards from finishing poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.