Paulo Dybala

Sometimes I wonder if you even watch football at all, the feeling I get is that you pretend to be someone who knows everything. But this takes the cake, comparing Firmino, to Dybala, seriously? Firmino is an attacking midfielder who plays as a striker and has 0 eye for goal and runs around a lot with his workrate, Dybala is one of the most lethal finishers in Europe, freekicks, penalties, everything.

And you seem obsessed with saying Zinchenko should play as a fullback, when he's a wide playmaker, lol. Not even close to having the qualities of a PL-fullback. Would be the weakest fullback in the league.

It's not that crazy of an idea, a lot of fullbacks started out as wingers/midfielders

Last edited:
Sometimes I wonder if you even watch football at all, the feeling I get is that you pretend to be someone who knows everything. But this takes the cake, comparing Firmino, to Dybala, seriously? Firmino is an attacking midfielder who plays as a striker and has 0 eye for goal and runs around a lot with his workrate, Dybala is one of the most lethal finishers in Europe, freekicks, penalties, everything.

And you seem obsessed with saying Zinchenko should play as a fullback, when he's a wide playmaker, lol. Not even close to having the qualities of a PL-fullback. Would be the weakest fullback in the league.

This.

A tad harsh. Don't always agree with Dax777 but he does know football and is a good contributor to this board.

Sometimes I wonder if you even watch football at all, the feeling I get is that you pretend to be someone who knows everything.
This is annoying. It seems you've been looking for an opportunity to insult me for a while, perhaps you find my opinions at odds generally with what you believe. That is fine. But wait till I actually say something worth insulting someone over.

Saying I see more of Firmino than Kun in Dybala isn't even controversial. Its just my generalobservation of his performance. You can disagree without the insults. That you've resulted to attempting to demean my person says more about you than it does me. Now lets address your actual claims

But this takes the cake, comparing Firmino, to Dybala, seriously? Firmino is an attacking midfielder who plays as a striker and has 0 eye for goal and runs around a lot with his workrate, Dybala is one of the most lethal finishers in Europe, freekicks, penalties, everything.

Both Dybala and Firmino are quite comfortable playing and have played in every position in the front 4: AM, RF, LF, ST. By the way this serves as one of the reasons for seeing more similarity btw them than with Aguero.

Second, lets examine them statistically:
Players: Dybala v Firmino
Pass% 86. To 80
Key pass. 1.97 to 1.96
Chances created. 2.29 to 2.16
Goals per game: 0.44 to 0.34 (0.28 to 0.34)
Assists: 0.33 to 0.21 (0.14 to 0.18)
BTW, Firmino seldom takes set pieces while Dybala takes corners penalties and freekicks. When you curate for those factors, their stats from open play looks even closer.

Sure they are also different in lots of ways. Firmino is way better with his head, Dybala is a better dribler and takes on players more. E.t.c.

But here is the kicker, the very point you laid your claim on I.e that "Dybala is one of the most lethal finishers in Europe" turns out to be false. He, Dybala, has a 46% shot accuracy compared to Firmino's at 65%.
So for all your bluster, it seems you are the one who may not have seen much of either player. But I digress...

I would explain to you why i suggested I thought Zichecho will be a fantastic fullback, but I doubt you are really interested. This was simply an attempt to poke. So I'll let it slide.

But the fact that Alba, Alaba, Marcelo, Bernat, Rose, Valencia, Oscar Dr Marcos, Rose, Henrichs, Sinkgraven etc have done this should suggest to anyone that its not that esoteric of an idea. Especially for young players who don't have a set position yet.

But like I said, I know this isn't about the issue. Anyway good luck.

Manchester City could have signed Paulo Dybala for £30m two years ago but decided to buy Wilfried Bony instead. [Sunday Mirror]

Txiki ordered an in-depth look at Dybala, who wanted to join City, but Manuel Pellegrini convinced him to sign Bony instead. [Sunday Mirror]

Fucking hell

Manchester City could have signed Paulo Dybala for £30m two years ago but decided to buy Wilfried Bony instead. [Sunday Mirror]

Txiki ordered an in-depth look at Dybala, who wanted to join City, but Manuel Pellegrini convinced him to sign Bony instead. [Sunday Mirror]

Fucking hell
giphy.gif

Fucking hell
Didn't we have a boycott on the mirror here? We should bring it back. Especially when that rumour started a few pages back on this thread.

Oh and the lurking journo needs banned too.

Edit: not this thread, must have been the Sanchez or Bony one. Either way the mirror group have some cheek to threaten Ric with legal action over copy and pasted articles and then plagiarise posts from here in their rag of a paper...

Last edited:
Didn't we have a boycott on the mirror here? We should bring it back. Especially when that rumour started a few pages back on this thread.

Oh and the lurking journo needs banned too.
Didn't you know? If it demeans Pellars, the source doesn't matter. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.