Uwe Rosler video

Came over to England and we gave him the full English breakfast and going out to the pub to drink guiness! Brilliant haha! I liked the segment at platt lane where he signed autographs. Those were the days when you could watch the first team train on the sidelines. How times change. I used to go near enough every lunchtime when I was at xaverian. Good times.

The first match I attended after Uwe signed was the Newcastle game, in which David Brightwell scored his one and only goal for City. It was only a few weeks after he'd joined us.

Chants of "Uwe!" "Uwe!" "Uwe!" Were prominent throughout the game and I couldn't believe how quickly the fans had taken him to their hearts.

A great character, who always put in the effort and is City through and through.

Great video.... feel old watching that....

Really enjoyed watching it, but it did depress me when they mentioned Uwe being 27 at the time of filming and me realising I'm 5 years older than him... ouch.

Loved seeing the clips from Platt Lane, Joe Royle described it as a crèche when he took over, he was right but it was great fun as a kid getting to meet your heroes and virtually join in with training.

Loved the bit about his special matchday routine. More or less, gets up, has some brekkie, bit of uspecified exercise ;) , goes and plays footie at 3 pm.
That and the fry ups and Guiness no wonder the fans could relate to him. He was exactly like half the lads watching him.
What a world away from Pep and the City of 2017. Thanks for posting.

Great to see and remember those times as we played some great stuff under Horton.

Remember seeing him at a Bredbury supporters club meeting and suggesting Dirk Kuyt was the only modern player similar to him (his bustling style and all never say die attitude) Went down like a lead balloon with the audience and Uwe.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.