David Silva not recognised by PFA members - again

the fact they do the voting in February with a third of the season to go is the problem. Granted the winners have had a consistently good season, but we all know that players form can drop. Think players that are exceptional in November, December and January get the votes as its in the recent mind of performances that stand out to them, as apart from the early part of the season.

Someone could have an exceptional March, April, May that could have a pivotal role in the outcome of the season, with a consistent season before that and not even make it on the list. Thats why it should be done it May, for aN accurate list.

Though it will take brave person to bet against Kante and Ali from getting the respective awards that they are up for tbh.
Second paragraph - if they'd voted at the end of the 13/14 season Džeko would have walked in, they voted in February just as he was starting to hit form and he wasn't even considered.

Sterling has been the best player in the squad this season and the fact that he is not recognized is even more baffling. Silva may not be recognized by some pointless and subjective award but there is the underling unspoken impression that he is respected by his peers, the media and fans all over the world and seen as one of the best midfielders to ever play in the premier league. So even though it is not made official with awards, it is fair to say that most see him as a true great and is respected as such.

If you got a United fan to answer honestly who wouldn't they swap for Silva, Aguero, Sane, Sterling, KDB. It really does beggar belief.

Can you point me as to where I said any of that?

The same people bemoaning Silva not being nominated, would be the same ones complaining if we had a player having a season like Ibrahimovic not being nominated.

Each club and set of fans probably feels there's a case for at least one of their players, and the nominees are limited.

Suarez was deemed a flat track bully was he not?

"He gets lots of chances so duh he scores lots" yet we're bemoaning the lack of converting our many chances...

I'm not - and have never moaned in this thread that Silva has not been nominated, my gripe is that Ibrahimovic shouldn't be in there... and would I be pissed off if he played for us and wasn't nominated? Well Sergio has scored the same amount of league goals this season and made less starts, so... No, I wouldn't be pissed off, because we're City and being ignored by the PFA doesn't surprise me!

Fuck the backslapping pfa, an assorted group of rag cohorts. We enjoy watching Silva, week in, week out producing the best football performances other teams are envious of, so fuck 'em, it's a meaningless accolade.

Exactly. He's too good for those rag tossers to accept so they ignore him because he pisses all over any of theirs and deep down they know it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.