PL to investigate City's academy transfers

That is exactly what I thought. I've even heard before today from the PL or the FA that if no one makes a complaint they won't act. Funny how, when it's our name in the frame they shift their fat arses! It'll be the placemen having someone's ear and the ball is rolling. We know why they don't like it - we can attract because of the facilities.

Last sentence in particular is the one.

From an FA point of view they should target other clubs that need ´´other incentives´´ to encourage young players to join them, from a media point of view they still see our owners Academy spending as part of the unfairness that bought the success our youngsters now enjoy.

The PL isn't the SFO so I would think the two stories are not connected. Judging by Mann's tweet it's a national issue so - speculating - it could possibly be something like misappropriation of any public funds put towards building some academies?
Although I think you're right about them not being connected I wouldn't have thought public funds were accessible for building academies.

The PL isn't the SFO so I would think the two stories are not connected. Judging by Mann's tweet it's a national issue so - speculating - it could possibly be something like misappropriation of any public funds put towards building some academies?
Can't wait for the articles in the independent and times - "club 1, 2 and 3 have been charged. Manchester City have not been charged and are not under any suspicion, but if they were, they could face a punishment of up to blah blah blah blah.

Pretty good write up in fact:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...s-fa-youth-cup-final-vs-chelsea-a7687841.html

"The Premier League is currently investigating three recent academy signings made by City, going through the five-step process they follow to look into all signings between two Category One academies. This means examining phone and bank records to examine the details of how transfers came about.

No charges have been brought but if the Premier League found City guilty of breaching the rules, the club would have the opportunity to agree a sanction, as Liverpool did in their case. If they could not do that then they would face the prospect of an independent tribunal and potentially harsher punishments."

They're doing exactly the same as they do for all transfers between cat 1 academies, nothing to see here.

Can't wait for the articles in the independent and times - "club 1, 2 and 3 have been charged. Manchester City have not been charged and are not under any suspicion, but if they were, they could face a punishment of up to blah blah blah blah.
Lol, I was writing the above as you posted.

They are just getting the innuendo in early.

As we continue to sweep all before us at youth level, as we prepare for yet another youth final, this article comes out.

As we are close to bringing 2 or 3 lads through into the first team, this will get worse. The clear insinuation being that "he came from City's tainted youth system".

Every expert in the football world has been telling us for 20 years that 'the class of 92' was unique. A never to be repeated example of how 'a proper football club does it'. As there is now a strong likelihood this will be not just repeated but superseded the narrative has to be started that we have somehow cheated or acted improperly.

There is a very clear reason the great British media have it in for city.

yeah because we are going to spend £200m plus on a training and academy facility and stadium to then break the rules! what a crock of shit!

Pretty good write up in fact:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...s-fa-youth-cup-final-vs-chelsea-a7687841.html

"The Premier League is currently investigating three recent academy signings made by City, going through the five-step process they follow to look into all signings between two Category One academies. This means examining phone and bank records to examine the details of how transfers came about.

No charges have been brought but if the Premier League found City guilty of breaching the rules, the club would have the opportunity to agree a sanction, as Liverpool did in their case. If they could not do that then they would face the prospect of an independent tribunal and potentially harsher punishments."

They're doing exactly the same as they do for all transfers between cat 1 academies, nothing to see here.

Do they examine phone and bank records for all signings? It seems quite intrusive, must admit I didnt know they had such extensive powers. Examining phone records must be quite a time consuming exercise if done properly.

With the current state of technology, if a Club did have something to hide, surely examining phone records is a redundant exercise ?

I would have thought the ones most likely to break the rules would be those who do not have the facilities that have attracted the offspring of current and past MUFC players never mind others.
Those who did not invest mega millions into that infrastructure are the ones who must resort to any practices that offend the FA rules.
Our owner spent his money wisely giving the return on investment we are only now experiencing.

In a way the rules and regs now used by the FA will protect the massive ADUG investment from others who perhaps feel that a minute part of that sum, directed at their target or his parents will be the only cash they need to spend.

So thank you FA for having the foresight to introduce this regulation. I´m sure it was meant to protect the traditional route for young players but time has changed things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.