Kingsley Coman

He has not been very good this season though. Would not get into our team at present I would guess. No where near Sane and Sterling.
Hasn't gotten playing time. That's why he wants to leave.

Whether as good as S and S is a different issue. I wouldn't mind him as a 3rd winger.

IMO he's as good as Sterling and would be a brilliant squad addition. Those who compare current form of Coman and Raz should bear in mind that Pep's tactics hugely benefits young wingers. He creates isolations and hides their deficiencies using simple instructions. I'm sure Sane would be called flop in the current Bayern team under Ancelotti as Leroy's still tactically weak and has a lot to learn to enrich his arsenal of movements.
I reckon Coman as a better dribbler against strong fullbacks than Raz. Less trickery and playmaking capabilities, but more speed. And I think he has a good shot in him potentially.

Hasn't gotten playing time. That's why he wants to leave.

Whether as good as S and S is a different issue. I wouldn't mind him as a 3rd winger.
Well he would certainly be an upgrade on Navas. Navas as a winger that is. So I would not mind getting him either. But he does look like having taken a step backwards this season compared to last. Pep might be the man getting him back to his best.

Well he would certainly be an upgrade on Navas. Navas as a winger that is. So I would not mind getting him either. But he does look like having taken a step backwards this season compared to last. Pep might be the man getting him back to his best.
Well, when he played against Arsenal, he tore them up. He has looked very good in his few appearances. Unfortunately when Robben and Ribery are healthy, no one else gets in.

Not to mention Ancelloti isn't as much of a tinkerer as Pep. He starts his best players in basic formations and allow them to play and the rest are simply backups.

Kimmich and Coman found themselves in those unfortunate situations and neither got a lot of playing time. Kimich is cool as the 2 guys benching him are retiring. So he is up against Sanchez at DM and the Brazilian at RB. His chances of game time next year are significantly improved unlike Coman's. Who needs one of R and R to retire or leave. Or perhaps just get injured again :)

Well, when he played against Arsenal, he tore them up. He has looked very good in his few appearances. Unfortunately when Robben and Ribery are healthy, no one else gets in.

Not to mention Ancelloti isn't as much of a tinkerer as Pep. He starts his best players in basic formations and allow them to play and the rest are simply backups.

Kimmich and Coman found themselves in those unfortunate situations and neither got a lot of playing time. Kimich is cool as the 2 guys benching him are retiring. So he is up against Sanchez at DM and the Brazilian at RB. His chances of game time next year are significantly improved unlike Coman's. Who needs one of R and R to retire or leave. Or perhaps just get injured again :)

I think if pep comes calling we'll get both. Kimmich will have to compete with Thiago Sanchez and Vidal for the centre mid position whereas here he'll only have to compete with dinho (who's contract runs out at the end of next season) and gundogan. He'll also be first choice right back but same could be said if he stays at bayern.

As for Coman he's been unhappy due being a bench warmer. If he comes here he'll only have to compete with Sterling and Sane on the wings rather than the likes of Ribery, Robben and Costa, who Ancelloti clearly prefers. Not to mention bayern are highly linked with Julian Brandt so it's gonna be hard for him to get game time should they sign him

I think if pep comes calling we'll get both. Kimmich will have to compete with Thiago Sanchez and Vidal for the centre mid position whereas here he'll only have to compete with dinho (who's contract runs out at the end of next season) and gundogan. He'll also be first choice right back but same could be said if he stays at bayern.

As for Coman he's been unhappy due being a bench warmer. If he comes here he'll only have to compete with Sterling and Sane on the wings rather than the likes of Ribery, Robben and Costa, who Ancelloti clearly prefers. Not to mention bayern are highly linked with Julian Brandt so it's gonna be hard for him to get game time should they sign him

Kimmich could play at RB if Bayern fail to get Henrichs, so there's certainly game time for him. I'd love Kimmich, but I just can't see us getting both him and Coman.

Has there been any more word on Douglas Costa's availability this summer> We've been linked a while back but it's still Ribery and Robben starting all the important games for Bayern, and I know Costa loves Pep.

Read that only 5 days left for Bayern to exercise 21m option to buy Coman. If he doesn't sign for Bayern (think he's not obliged to, but I can be mistaken), he'll return to Juve in summer and will become more gettable. @Maldeika, do you think we have a chance?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.