Brahim Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be surprised and disappointed if he went anywhere on loan

Even if he got 20 odd games in Spain for Girona for example?

I can't see any kid playing for City without proving himself on loan somewhere first.

He would barely get 5 games next season for us I reckon.

Even if he got 20 odd games in Spain for Girona for example?

I can't see any kid playing for City without proving himself on loan somewhere first.

He would barely get 5 games next season for us I reckon.

I just don't think a loan would develop him much and I expect him to be part of the first team squad next season.

If he doesn't make it to our first team as a regular, then no one will.

The big clear out this summer should help with that. Although I imagine he'll go out on loan somewhere for a season first.

He'd absolutely destroy the Eredivise, so I think a spell at a team in Spain work well. I know people have mentioned Girona should they get promoted - which looks like they have a decent chance with an 8 point gap with 8 games to play.
Have to agree,how will we know if they are good enough if we don't give them a chance,look at some of the other teams who have given youth a chance Spurs and Southampton,my only down side about loans is some end up not even getting to the subs bench never mind playing..

our poor results this season hasn't helped any youth players get minutes this season, even those like Aleix Garcia.
But the lack of minutes this kid has got has to raise some eyebrows. Firmly believe that next season has to be the one in terms of including him. He's got to be given a shot in his favoured position or he'll just leave when his contract is close to finishing.
When did sterling start getting premier league minutes?

our poor results this season hasn't helped any youth players get minutes this season, even those like Aleix Garcia.
But the lack of minutes this kid has got has to raise some eyebrows. Firmly believe that next season has to be the one in terms of including him. He's got to be given a shot in his favoured position or he'll just leave when his contract is close to finishing.
When did sterling start getting premier league minutes?

Sterling made his debut when he was early 17, he was pretty much in the first XI up until his 18th birthday then he got dropped after New Years(his birthday is 8 dec) this was before the 13/14 season

Is there a chance he could be one of our backup "false 8s" for next season?

How many first team games do people feel he needs to play next season, wherever it be? If he got 10/15/20 games for us next season, baring in mind he'll only be 18, would this be good? We could then take a decision for the year after depending on how he peforms in those games.

If he does go out on loan next season, where do you send him? Surely La Liga would be too much of a gamble at this stage? Which if so would rule Girona out assuming they go up.

Is there a chance he could be one of our backup "false 8s" for next season?

How many first team games do people feel he needs to play next season, wherever it be? If he got 10/15/20 games for us next season, baring in mind he'll only be 18, would this be good? We could then take a decision for the year after depending on how he peforms in those games.

If he does go out on loan next season, where do you send him? Surely La Liga would be too much of a gamble at this stage? Which if so would rule Girona out assuming they go up.
If he gets 10-15 games it's a good progression for him, if he excels in games and gets in on merit then that's fantastic. It depends on who we sign really, but if we were to play him in both cups and any "safe" games in the CL as a starting point it would probably be better than going on loan. Then again, if we get the right loan it could be fantastic for him.

I really don't think he's ready for the first team. He's got some great skills, the odd great pass, but i really want convinced by his general decision making tonight. I'm sure he's got a great future, but i can't see him getting many minutes next season. Maybe the odd 10 minutes at the end of cup games but no more than that. I hope I'm wrong, but i don't see him at that level yet.

I really don't think he's ready for the first team. He's got some great skills, the odd great pass, but i really want convinced by his general decision making tonight. I'm sure he's got a great future, but i can't see him getting many minutes next season. Maybe the odd 10 minutes at the end of cup games but no more than that. I hope I'm wrong, but i don't see him at that level yet.
I hope you are wrong too, he has the ability and should be given some time. He's better than tonight's game for me, but needs to be given some game time at a higher level to see if he can do it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.