So Pep failed at Bayern?

tolmie's hairdoo

So say all those clowns who continually push the narrative that him not winning it at the club was a failure, owing to his collection of world class players and easy dominance in a two-team league.

Imagine my surprise then, this morning, nobody in the English media is referencing Carlo Ancelotti's failure at the quarter-final stage last night against Real Madrid?

Last time I looked, Carlo took over a team that won domestic trebles and was able to add Hummels and Sanches?

It serves to remind just how difficult it is for any major power to win the Champions League, and Pep losing in three semi-finals to Real, Barca and Atletico shows that.

As does his achievement winning the bloody thing - TWICE.

#justsaying

So say all those clowns who continually push the narrative that him not winning it at the club was a failure, owing to his collection of world class players and easy dominance in a two-team league.

Imagine my surprise then, this morning, nobody in the English media is referencing Carlo Ancelotti's failure at the quarter-final stage last night against Real Madrid?

Last time I looked, Carlo took over a team that won domestic trebles and was able to add Hummels and Sanches?

It serves to remind just how difficult it is for any major power to win the Champions League, and Pep losing in three semi-finals to Real, Barca and Atletico shows that.

#justsaying

In fairness though, Bayern got absolutely f**king screwed last night!

#justsaying
You should have watched the game, they got truly fucked over by the ref. The uefa darlings got a nice helping hand with a 2nd yellow card on Vidal that wasn't.

Good luck to Juve tonight, they'll need it. 3-0 might not have been enough in the first leg.

CL wins or losses are not a good barometer of anything, seeing as the whole thing is bent beyond belief.

It was the same when people were calling Mourinho a failure because he failed to win the CL with Madrid. Winning the CL is incredibly difficult, and nobody should be “expected” to win it within a 3 year period. By this logic, Fergie was a giant failure for only managing 2 CL’s in 26 years (Pep has the same number of CL’s in just 9 years).

Once you get to the semis, as Pep did every season at Bayern, you often run into other star studded, superstar teams who are either just as good as you or better, depending on the season. Calling Pep’s time at Bayern a failure is setting the bar so high that literally everyone else in the game is a failure. There’s nobody better than Pep in football, and though he might feel disappointed he didn’t manage to win the CL there, he performed reasonably well with Bayern.

Last edited:

#justsaying

Judging by the decisions which RM got last night, it is completely transparent that the officials employed by UEFA are just as corrupt as those employed by the FA.

It is hardly surprising that so many people are getting fed up with these influences.

The uefa darlings got a nice helping hand with a 2nd yellow card on Vidal that wasn't.
That's true but there were other earlier fouls and he was walking a second yellow tightrope, I'd have taken him off earlier it was looking inevitable.

It's hard to feel sorry for Bayern though considering they are part of the corrupt cabal.

Obviously there is a " preferred option " amongst the top tier, and RM would appear to fit that category - a bit like the Rags and the FA ( per Scudamore ) ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.