So Pep failed at Bayern?

To the question... sure, hell, no - he did not.

He made mistakes in the CL as he might have held onto some of his ideas atleast for the away legs - but he did not really have the necessary luck - not just in match moments but with injuries, too - and in everything else he just was great.

But I want to make my answer here longer and much more detailed - but I want to watch footie now and have still work to do this evening to earn my bread - so I will do that later on.

Question. Would you rather finish a distant 2nd or 3rd playing "pretty" football or win it playing pragmatic football ?
Phrase that differently:

Would you rather finish 3rd getting a team and style in place followed by several years of great success, or finish top one year playing pragmatic football and then do fuck all else?

Phrase that differently:

Would you rather finish 3rd getting a team and style in place followed by several years of great success, or finish top one year playing pragmatic football and then do fuck all else?

Wasting your time, he's told me he rather win at all costs, cheating, playing 10 behind the ball and nicking it late.
Not for me that, his comment about 600 sideways passes going nowhere was the clincher.

@cleavers fair enough.

Not having this.
It would have cost £2m-£4m to pay off most of the player contracts that expire this summer. Not Yaya of course, but the rest yes. Not a massive drop in the ocean compared to the fees we will be shelling out this summer. - Hell with transfer inflation those outlays may have saved us money on the transfer fees we are going to pay.
Yeah. Changing 14 players in one summer would definitely work.

His comments were stupid however we didn't challenge United, Chelsea twice or Leicester due to refereeing sadly
That's odd.

If the games against Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal had been refereed properly then we'd likely have 9 points more and definitely be challenging this year.

I don't doubt that with 'normal' refereeing, we'd still challenging, but it also can't be denied that some mistakes have been made as well.

I love how players are always absolved of blame, and its always the managers fault.

This season for me, its the players who bare responsibility most, up front we have missed far too many chances, which would have turned draws into wins, and defeats into draws, and at the back terrible mistakes have turned wins into draws, and draws into defeats. Its often said we have the best team/squad the evidence this (and last) year suggests we don't, no matter how much we rotate the squad.

Whilst I agree entirely with you on making 14 changes in 1 summer, you have to ask if we got the priorities right ?

And worryingly, we might still need to make a considerable number this summer, just with out of contract players.

I think we had to get the forward line in as they'd have all been elsewhere last summer if not with us, Sane, Jesus, KDB and Sterling would have been snapped up by others and we'd be now saying we needed better forwards instead of better defenders. It's how I see it anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.