The battle for 3rd place

Why not? EL far more prestigious.
How so?

There weren't any great sides in it this year. United won't face a single side commensurate to the team's at the top of the Premier League.

Winning the EL also means finishing 5th or lower or going out at the group stages of the CL. I don't fancy that much either.

How so?

There weren't any great sides in it this year. United won't face a single side commensurate to the team's at the top of the Premier League.

Winning the EL also means finishing 5th or lower or going out at the group stages of the CL. I don't fancy that much either.
Sorry SWP's back. European trophy like EL will trump all domestic other than winning the PL. It's always been the case. By your logic our FA cup win in 2011 wouldn't count as the only half decent team we beat was the rags. Having said that it looks like only half decent team they will play in EL is the Hercule Poirot moustache twiddlers X1

How so?

The LC is very easy to win if you take it seriously. Most mid and lower Pl teams avoid it like the plague. Arsenal play their kids.

Sorry SWP's back. European trophy like EL will trump all domestic other than winning the PL. It's always been the case. By your logic our FA cup win in 2011 wouldn't count as the only half decent team we beat was the rags. Having said that it looks like only half decent team they will play in EL is the Hercule Poirot moustache twiddlers X1
So you'd take a year out of the CL and not finishing top four three years back for a EL trophy rather than a league cup?

The LC is very easy to win if you take it seriously. Most mid and lower Pl teams avoid it like the plague. Arsenal play their kids.
Look at the previous winners of the LC.

If anything, the FA Cup winners have been weaker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.