Bouncer punches woman who tried to punch him

Using proportional force yes, which as a supposedly trained professional, is judged differently to if a member of the public is attacked.
And he open hand slapped her which probably woke her up but wasn't enough to knock a drunk woman in high heels over. That's about as proportional as one can get.

And he open hand slapped her which probably woke her up but wasn't enough to knock a drunk woman in high heels over. That's about as proportional as one can get.
It's not the worst thing I've ever seen a bouncer do. I'd be surprised if he was charged with anything, and I'd be surprised if she wasn't. It's clearly an instinctive reaction. But simply defending yourself and getting out of the way of an attack is the proportional response in my view. Easy to say that after the fact, of course. And like I said, I've seen too many bouncers who are in the job because they enjoy hitting people. You also wonder what was said before it got to that stage. Is he attempting to diffuse the situation? We can't tell from such a short video.

All this supposition about the bouncer having training and restraint, is it not also fair then to suppose the woman had been brought up and raised not to be a violent drunkard?

All this supposition about the bouncer having training and restraint, is it not also fair then to suppose the woman had been brought up and raised not to be a violent drunkard?
If it was Mathew Street and she was a scouser I'd say probably not.

Fuck, sorry. I thought this was an Internet football forum where we were discussing the values associated with a bouncer twatting a woman full in the face? Some men think this is a good thing. Equality and all that! Some people think some of the comments and expressions of support for the bouncer smacks (pun intended) of a culture of violence against women that has become casual, almost a non-event. Sorry for expressing an opinion that runs contrary to the "fuck her, she deserves a good slap" attitude that appears to prevail here. I don't condone those values, especially in this instance.

I'm bowing out. Said my piece and stood my corner. However, I'm not particularly enamored of where I live being fodder, American gun culture being thrust in my face every time there is any issue under discussion, etc, etc, etc... I'd call it xenophobic, but it isn't, it is just a crutch used to bait the poster, then that poster is all outraged about receiving a reply. It is pathetic and juvenile.

Accordingly, I'm out. Tired of the bullshit. And if you think it is getting on your tits??? WTF?
Oh please spare me the rant

We all know exactly what was going on between you both, it's just a continuation from the thread the other night, I'm just finding it all a bit tiresome now but hey ho that's me, others may find it entertaining but i don't?

As a Mod all i could see was the thread spiraling into two posters having a dig at each other like the other night and that normally stops others posting on the thread as they don't want to get involved in all the bitching.

If you think I've over modded the situation or feel as though someone is being xenophobic then report it or take it up with Ric.

Oh please spare me the rant

We all know exactly what was going on between you both, it's just a continuation from the thread the other night, I'm just finding it all a bit tiresome now but hey ho that's me, others may find it entertaining but i don't?

As a Mod all i could see was the thread spiraling into two posters having a dig at each other like the other night and that normally stops others posting on the thread as they don't want to get involved in all the bitching.

If you think I've over modded the situation or feel as though someone is being xenophobic then report it or take it up with Ric.

I wonder which news story they'll get into an argument over next week...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.