Coventry City - bigger than Manchester City! (says the Cov Telegraph)

It's got ridiculous this thread, so much heat etc. I don't give a flying whatsit about how many fans, cups, troll Twitter followers, arses on seats etc,etc compared with other clubs. I am a City fan, end of. Let other clubs worry about us, we have nothing to apologise for to the rest.

and Leicester are the best team in the premier league because they got further in the knock out stages of chumps league than any other team in the country

and Leicester are the best team in the premier league because they got further in the knock out stages of chumps league than any other team in the country

Actually Leicester are the best team in the country because they are the current champions, whatever the league position might imply!

It's just tongue-firmly-planted-in-cheek and anyway, it acknowledges the fact that the original report was posted by a Rag. Calm down dear! BTW - our's is (only) a semi-final.

Not read the article, but must say how shocked/impressed I was with how many Cov fans I saw down in London the other week. We were playing Arsenal the same day they were at Wembley. Got chatting to a couple of them, was glad they won with the shit they are going through financially.

In regards to us not filling our allocation, I think it's nothing short of piss poor if I'm being perfectly honest. Yes, in reality we have been dealt a bit of a shit card with the Sunday kick off, travelling team, transport, costs etc. etc. But surely that shouldn't affect the amount of people going that badly. I believe a lot of our fans have become complacent due to our recent regular trips to Wembley. We should never take this for granted, and if you're missing it in fear of missing a few hours sleep for work on Monday morning then I think you've got it wrong.

You just never know how long it will be til another Wembley day out, bite the bullet and go for it. I for one would walk across glass just to be there on Sunday, and no, I'm not a bigger blue than you or anyone else!
We will sell out and have as many fans there as Arsenal dont get your knickers in a twist

Why?
5 trains back north from Euston after the game if it goes to pens. For around two weeks now the price of these has been £90 off-peak for a single ticket £150 return for most tickets - Some return tickets for around £98 on the penultimate andp antepenultimate trains (probably standing - if you can get on)
Every car park near outer rim London Underground station will be nearly full with Marathon runners/supporters cars when we get there.
A club that takes as much money from us as possible at every opportunity.
I know the tickets were only £30 (mine was) but even so thats a lot of dosh...

What are the Arsenal Fans excuses they returned 3000?

I am not after a protracted argument. I am in a fortunate position to be able to goto every game home and away because I can afford it. I have no interest in what Arsenal have done in terms of ticket sales. This forum is littered with posts from people moaning about not being able to get tickets for games. Whilst I think semi finals should not be held at wembley and also agree the selection of the day and time coinciding with the Marathon, I still find it incredible that we struggle to sell the tickets when you consider circa 50k City fans goto each home game. When you take into account tourists and friends and family who just fancy a day out it does not seem unreasonable to expect us to sell the tickets. If you think back to the Gillingham game when our average home attendance was circa 32k - we took over half of wembley with 50k +. People may say we have been at Wembley a number of times in recent years so the novelty has worn off. I dont buy this - what happened to CTID.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.