PFA Team of the Year 2017.

Doesn't matter.

By that logic, Alli shóuldn't be in there because he is not a midfielder, but he's been shoehorned in there because they wanted Kane/Lukaku up top.

I wasn't arguing the point, but then I'd say Alli is more of a midfielder than a forward. The voting form is restrictive, and may be why Chelsea wingbacks/fullbacks aren't there as well.

I wasn't arguing the point, but then I'd say Alli is more of a midfielder than a forward. The voting form is restrictive, and may be why Chelsea wingbacks/fullbacks aren't there as well.

You're probably right. I was just making the point that in a 442 system, Alli would be a forward. The truth is neither Alli or Luiz play in a 442, but they've both had great seasons, so they have been shoehorned in.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't have Moses or Alonso in the TOTY. They have been amazing in periods (Moses especially) but they have been just okay for the most part.

You're probably right. I was just making the point that in a 442 system, Alli would be a forward. The truth is neither Alli or Luiz play in a 442, but they've both had great seasons, so they have been shoehorned in.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't have Moses or Alonso in the TOTY. They have been amazing in periods (Moses especially) but they have been just okay for the most part.

I suppose Azpilicueta has been one of the back 3 - he's been ok mostly.

16/17 - Manchester City the only team in top 4 with no players.
15/16 - Manchester City the only team in top 4 with no players.
14/15 - Manchester City the only team in top 4 with no players.
14/15 - Sergio Aguero - the only golden boot winner since 2000 to not get in the TOTY.
13/14 - Manchester City win the league and get 2 players, the lowest of any Champions for 15 years.

And so on...worth pointing out that we are the only team to have made the top 4 every one of those seasons, a miracle really considering how we've got no good players!
Ha. Fucking ridiculous isn't it.

My only major qualm with that is De Gea, how on earth is it not Heaton? Clearly the stand out keeper of the year, thought that would be a one horse race for that position.

Not entirely convinced by Cahill being in there either, but more acceptable than De Gea I suppose.

Sterling would be my only consideration from our team over that team.

De Gea though hahahahhahaahahahhahahahahahahhahaahha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.