So Pep failed at Bayern?

That's odd.

If the games against Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal had been refereed properly then we'd likely have 9 points more and definitely be challenging this year.

Ok, one year out of 4 we might of challenged.

I also maintain that bad refereeing decisions cost us last year too. Penalty away at Leiceester, Spurs penalty v us at home etc.

I don't think them two named incidents meant we finished 4th on goal difference, I agree this year it seems to be bad decision after bad decision and had they of gone for us we would have more points and our rivals less. That hasn't happened in the other years and hasn't stopped us being successful, us being poor has.

But it was Pep's year and we are talking about Pep's relative success or lack thereof.

I got involved when someone made the comment about no team will ever dominate again, I was pointing out teams could dominate as everyone is winning it without a challenge. We haven't dominated because we have bought poorly and not moved forwards.

In terms of Pep he isn't a failure and anyone with a bit of sense knows that.

I don't think them two named incidents meant we finished 4th on goal difference, I agree this year it seems to be bad decision after bad decision and had they of gone for us we would have more points and our rivals less. That hasn't happened in the other years and hasn't stopped us being successful, us being poor has.

Poor teams don't consistently finish in the top 4 and win trophies every other year on average.

Poor teams don't consistently finish in the top 4 and win trophies every other year on average.

That's a different argument and claiming finishing the top 4 as a success. I am not saying we are a poor team, my whole point is we could of challenged each of them years for the title with better management/player additions. We haven't challenged and no one else has, teams are walking leagues with no one pushing them. It's where I don't understand "no team will dominate again" as if we have 5/6 teams all neck and neck for titles.

That's a different argument and claiming finishing the top 4 as a success. I am not saying we are a poor team, my whole point is we could of challenged each of them years for the title with better management/player additions. We haven't challenged and no one else has, teams are walking leagues with no one pushing them. It's where I don't understand "no team will dominate again" as if we have 5/6 teams all neck and neck for titles.

If I was taller then I'd be taller too.

Simple question. Do you believe there's a better manager than Pep currently managing in world football?

I got involved when someone made the comment about no team will ever dominate again, I was pointing out teams could dominate as everyone is winning it without a challenge. We haven't dominated because we have bought poorly and not moved forwards.

In terms of Pep he isn't a failure and anyone with a bit of sense knows that.

I made that comment and i stand by it that no one side will dominate English football like Liverpool in the 70's & 80's and rags in the 90's & 00's. There's too much competition for players to start with, Liverpool and the rags would be able to just hoover up everyone else's better players, no one can do that now as everyone can pay comparable wages.
As for not moving forwards, i don't know what that means, we won the title under Pelligrini then stagnated due to the squad ageing, then we have had Pep come on and try to change the playing style and incorporate new players. We've gone 'backwards' in a trophies comparison to Pellers first season, yet forward in a playing style since last year.
Our 'trajectory', for want of of a better word is, is on the up compared to last season in my view.

If I was taller then I'd be taller too.

Simple question. Do you believe there's a better manager than Pep currently managing in world football?

Sorry, this has derailed slightly. I am not questioning Pep, I popped up when someone said no team will dominate again, I said we had the chance to as everyone keeps winning titles without a challenge and due to our own fault we haven't. It then went further off track when it was claimed we haven't been successful due to referees. All off track from the actual questioning of Pep.

In terms of Pep I think we have under performed this season whilst being on the wrong side of a lot of bad decisions which might of worked out differently. That would fall in with your if I was taller comment though so lets look at it face value that once again, after more investment and an upgrade on manager we are in a top 4 fight.

Pep is far from a failure and I think next year hopefully is the start of something special, him being branded a failure for not winning the CL at Bayern is moronic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.