Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow what has he done? used to watch Fox news until it went pay to view over here,always thought he was a wanker and massive egomaniac

$13 million in five separate settlements over sexual harassment allegations. Advertisers were pulling sponsorships left and right because of this. But of course he got fired for a very pragmatic reason, not a moral one: he's stopped making them money, and now costs them.

I worked in the US, arriving as a clueless 25 year old on an L1B visa. Later I think I was on a H1B and finally a green card. It was claimed in the applications that no American could do my job. I was a techie and decent but to state that I was pretty much world class was silly. I'm not surprised this is being looked into if that's what Trump is doing. I always felt sorry for the Americans in debt after college struggling while the Irish folks like me were living it large loving life.

Interestingly I heard that Australia and NZ are doing the same thing - Trumps protectionist world view begins to bite. I hope he can create jobs for all those Americans because they won't be welcomed in Aus and NZ it seems and no doubt this will be reflected around the globe. Then we will see who has the best education and skills systems in place...

Interestingly I heard that Australia and NZ are doing the same thing - Trumps protectionist world view begins to bite. I hope he can create jobs for all those Americans because they won't be welcomed in Aus and NZ it seems and no doubt this will be reflected around the globe. Then we will see who has the best education and skills systems in place...
All western countries have strict immigration policies with respect to 'similarly' educated countries. I had a mate that married an English gal, he had a master's in accounting from UCLA, it took him forever to be allowed access to the UK, 25 years ago

Does anyone else find the hyperbole tiring? Everything he says is either "the best" or the "absolute worst". For example in the interview a page or two back, he is describing how he gave the order to bomb Iraq, sorry Syria ;) and he says they were having chocolate cake, not just any chocolate cake but the BEST chocolate cake you ever saw and then he gave the order and all 59 hit their target because the USA has THE BEST technology and THE BEST missiles. Russian relations are at an all-time low (yeah right) NAFTA is the WORST trade deal in the history of the world...i could go on.
I suppose it just boils down to me not liking the orange ****.

Does anyone else find the hyperbole tiring? Everything he says is either "the best" or the "absolute worst". For example in the interview a page or two back, he is describing how he gave the order to bomb Iraq, sorry Syria ;) and he says they were having chocolate cake, not just any chocolate cake but the BEST chocolate cake you ever saw and then he gave the order and all 59 hit their target because the USA has THE BEST technology and THE BEST missiles. Russian relations are at an all-time low (yeah right) NAFTA is the WORST trade deal in the history of the world...i could go on.
I suppose it just boils down to me not liking the orange ****.
Yes all this hyperbole is pretty tedious. It's basically down to the fact that he has the personality and intelligence of a 12 year old school bully who has managed to impress a few gullible people by being the biggest and loudest person in the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.