Champions League Games 11/12/18/19 April

After studying the standard of the Juventus vs Barcelona game last night, I really believe we have a good number of players at that level - plus a few who are nowhere near.

Comparing ourselves to Juventus in particular was interesting;

Bravo, Sagna and Clichy are nowhere near Buffon, Alves and Sandro. Pep has received some criticism this season, but he has clearly inferior players in certain positions.

I was so impressed with Bonucci and Chiellini.
Who have we got that could play at that level? I think a fully fit Kompany could. Stones is still two years away from that level in my opinion, Otamendi & Kolarov just aren't good enough.

The Juventus centre midfielders weren't anything special, but they were technically good, hard working and tactically very discipline. De Bruyne fits that for me, I don't think Fernandinho has the discipline, Delph and Fernando lack the technical ability and Yaya lacks the work ethic. Another area where we clearly have inferior players to the top sides.

Dybala as a number 10 was special. Silva and De Bruyne have both played well in that area, but lack the goal threat Dybala does.

Going forward is where it got very interesting, I think we are absolutely on par. The options of Sane, Sterling, Jesus and Aguero are on the level of the the striking options Juventus went through with, or at least very close. Sane/Jesus/Sterling can score on the counter attack against any team in the world.

So to compete at that top level we need;
- Top goalkeeper
- Two full backs
- Centre back
- Holding midfielder

I thought Pep would have improved those areas more in two transfer windows, but it's absolutely essential that he does in the summer. The quality of players in our defensive area is miles away from the standard required.

After studying the standard of the Juventus vs Barcelona game last night, I really believe we have a good number of players at that level - plus a few who are nowhere near.

Comparing ourselves to Juventus in particular was interesting;

Bravo, Sagna and Clichy are nowhere near Buffon, Alves and Sandro. Pep has received some criticism this season, but he has clearly inferior players in certain positions.

I was so impressed with Bonucci and Chiellini.
Who have we got that could play at that level? I think a fully fit Kompany could. Stones is still two years away from that level in my opinion, Otamendi & Kolarov just aren't good enough.

The Juventus centre midfielders weren't anything special, but they were technically good, hard working and tactically very discipline. De Bruyne fits that for me, I don't think Fernandinho has the discipline, Delph and Fernando lack the technical ability and Yaya lacks the work ethic. Another area where we clearly have inferior players to the top sides.

Dybala as a number 10 was special. Silva and De Bruyne have both played well in that area, but lack the goal threat Dybala does.

Going forward is where it got very interesting, I think we are absolutely on par. The options of Sane, Sterling, Jesus and Aguero are on the level of the the striking options Juventus went through with, or at least very close. Sane/Jesus/Sterling can score on the counter attack against any team in the world.

So to compete at that top level we need;
- Top goalkeeper
- Two full backs
- Centre back
- Holding midfielder

I thought Pep would have improved those areas more in two transfer windows, but it's absolutely essential that he does in the summer. The quality of players in our defensive area is miles away from the standard required.

This is just silly lol.

tumblr_mh75i0fi7U1qf7m6no4_500.gif

I do not know if it was topic here but Bayern fans in the Bernabeu were beaten bloody by the spanish police without really having provocated anything.

I quote an article from a Bayern blog

Immediately following last week’s loss in the Champions League Quarterfinal to Real Madrid, Bayern Munich filed a former complain with UEFA over the actions of Madrid’s police force in the stadium. During halftime, Madrid police stormed the away stand and beat Bayern supporters bloody with batons. This was done over an alleged displayed banner that wasn’t allowed.

On Saturday, Bayern released a statement that they were asking Germany’s government to get involved in the matter. Bayern wrote the Federal Chancellery to “lodge a protest with the Spanish government on behalf of FC Bayern against the disproportionate and violent police operation and demand an explanation.”

“We remain appalled by the utterly disproportionate and excessive action taken by Spanish police against a section of our fans at the Bernabéu Stadium,” Rummenigge said. “FC Bayern has a duty and responsibility to its supporters in this matter, and we have communicated this to the federal government.”

This is the second time in a year and a half that Bayern supporters have been violently attacked by police during a road game in the Champions League. In September 2015, Greek police stormed the stands, violently beating many Bayern supporters bloody.

I think some of you like to be informed about things like this or when clubs have problems with the UEFA...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.