Article 50/Brexit Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot on the heels of the pledge there would be no snap election.................pledges schmedges off this woman - biggest liar since Blair
Have you forgotten 'cast iron Dave and Clegg?'
I would have thought you would be happy at this second chance, Labour can repeal the A50 legislation when the people sweep them back into power.

So give us some details of your hard Brexit scenario.
Please.

I want us to leave the EU.

I want us out of the Common Market.

I want us out of the Customs Union.

I don't want us joining the EEA.

I want us to have complete control of our immigration policy.

I will give you mine and imo, the vast majority of the rest amongst us who voted to leave.

Here it is.....

Are you ready for it......?

LEAVE! We voted to leave the EU. Get out. Have fuck all to do with it. Never pay a bean into it ever again.

No soft, runny, sunny side up brexit thats been invented post vote to try and make some sleep a little bit better at nights.

Leave means leave and it means brexit.

Does that help you len because i see you posting the same question every single day and regardless of the answer you get, you just keep on asking.

Are you waiting for an answer you like before giving it up or what?
Calm down mate, calm down.
Thanks for replying to my post to Swiss Tony.
So from your answer I assume that if say as a price for getting a comprehensive ( ish ) free trade deal and the ability to have free trade deals outside the bloc ( which EU members cannot do), we agree to pay a large wedge to the EU each year , accept ECJ rulings on standards ,regulations, trade and commerce - which is necessary to trade with them - and agree favourable immigration terms for EU nationals ( whilst of course retaining control of our own borders), you would be happy with those compromises.

I want us to leave the EU.

I want us out of the Common Market.

I want us out of the Customs Union.

I don't want us joining the EEA.

I want us to have complete control of our immigration policy.
What if we agree to pay an annual wedge to the EU?
What if we agree some compromises on free movement ( i.e. not 'complete' control).
What if we agree to accept ECJ rulings on trade to enable us to enter into a comprehensive trade deal?
Happy with all of that?

What if we agree some compromises on free movement ( i.e. not 'complete' control).
What if we agree to accept ECJ rulings on trade to enable us to enter into a comprehensive trade deal?
Happy with all of that?

That isn't Brexit is it? In fact it sounds very similar to the arrangement we have now, which is what remainers are trying to sell as a soft Brexit.

Happy with all of that?

Nope. Wouldn't be happy with any of that. However, I've had my say on the EU in the referendum. I can't really affect what happens from here on in, except maybe voting for the party that I think have the best chance of delivering what I would like.

If we don't get what I want I guess I'll just have to suck it up won't I?

That isn't Brexit is it? In fact it sounds very similar to the arrangement we have now, which is what remainers are trying to sell as a soft Brexit.
Interesting because all of those concessions have been given the nod by Government that they could apply in the transition phase and of course thereafter they don't seem unreasonable as the price the UK might have to pay to get a comprehensive free trade deal. In fact it's not really possible to get a COMPREHENSIVE EU trade deal without accepting ECJ trade rules and standards ( individual MRAs you don't need it, but they're limited deals). Also May has not ruled out payments ( not 'vast' sums in her words, yeah right she would say that wouldn't she). And Govt are already backtracking big style on immigration , so all these concessions are possible.
So that could easily be Brexit couldn't it?

Nope. Wouldn't be happy with any of that. However, I've had my say on the EU in the referendum. I can't really affect what happens from here on in, except maybe voting for the party that I think have the best chance of delivering what I would like.

If we don't get what I want I guess I'll just have to suck it up won't I?
You will.
And I think you're going to be one very unhappy Brexiter.
I on the other hand will be a delighted Remainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.