Peter Kay's Car Share

It's just tastes isn't it. I like my comedies to be relatable and what I enjoy most, Royle Family, Early Doors, Phoenix Nights these are funny as a lot of it is what we go through in every day life. A monkey (which never would of got out of the safari, let alone drive miles away on a roof with no one watching) having a piss in a car then no I don't find it funny. As I see on here some do and fair enough.

The idea is great, as someone who commutes into the city centre every day it could of been comedy gold - the cyclist scene was very funny. Instead they went down the dumb it down route of monkeys in cars, panning out to clips of them singing day dreaming instead which for me was a shame. The woman he gave a lift home to from the staff party was brilliant.
Did you realise that the blue woman was Lord Varys from Game of Thrones! You are right though it's all about taste though I love all the comedies you mention. I do like a good bit of slapstick. After all, that's what Fawlty Towers was (albeit incredibly well written).

It's just tastes isn't it. I like my comedies to be relatable and what I enjoy most, Royle Family, Early Doors, Phoenix Nights these are funny as a lot of it is what we go through in every day life. A monkey (which never would of got out of the safari, let alone drive miles away on a roof with no one watching).

"Hiya Dave"
"Hiya Barbara"
"Hiya Denise"
"Hiya Mum"
"Alright Dave?"
"Hiya Jim"

If that's everyday life for you then it's hardly a surprise that you can't suspend disbelief for 4 minutes whilst watching a comedy programme.

If I'd have sat with the missus and kids moaning that "the monkey wouldn't have got out, this is daft", they'd all disown me for being a miserable twat.

"Hiya Dave"
"Hiya Barbara"
"Hiya Denise"
"Hiya Mum"
"Alright Dave?"
"Hiya Jim"

If that's everyday life for you then it's hardly a surprise that you can't suspend disbelief for 4 minutes whilst watching a comedy programme.

If I'd have sat with the missus and kids moaning that "the monkey wouldn't have got out, this is daft", they'd all disown me for being a miserable twat.

I think you will be in the minority if you're going to claim car share is a better comedy than the royle family. As I put above it's just taste and in different programmes I can live with daft stuff, my issue with this programme is it could of been something very funny and close to home to a lot of commuters. Instead it just turned a bit daft, some will like it some won't.

I think you will be in the minority if you're going to claim car share is a better comedy than the royle family. As I put above it's just taste and in different programmes I can live with daft stuff, my issue with this programme is it could of been something very funny and close to home to a lot of commuters. Instead it just turned a bit daft, some will like it some won't.
On one hand you say comedy is a matter of taste, one the other you say it could have been funny.

Many people found it very funny.

I don't think Car Share was better than the Royle Family but there were parts of it that were ludicrous. Tell me what's more likely, a monkey escapes a safari park on a car or a bloke gets a turkey stuck on his head on Christmas day?

I thought that scene was shite but it doesn't mean the entire thing was shit.

On one hand you say comedy is a matter of taste, one the other you say it could have been funny.

Many people found it very funny.

I don't think Car Share was better than the Royle Family but there were parts of it that were ludicrous. Tell me what's more likely, a monkey escapes a safari park on a car or a bloke gets a turkey stuck on his head on Christmas day?

I thought that scene was shite but it doesn't mean the entire thing was shit.

I think many people was mixed on this, many of which are Peter Kay fans like myself. The specials for the Royle Family were not as funny and I didn't enjoy them as they got daft with the turkey/ golden egg cups, the first two series especially were brilliant though. I don't think car share was shite because of the monkey, I thought it was just shite in general and was amazed so many people found a monkey funny. It just all was a bit daft for me which could of been better for myself personally given the idea it originated from.

I think many people was mixed on this, many of which are Peter Kay fans like myself. The specials for the Royle Family were not as funny and I didn't enjoy them as they got daft with the turkey/ golden egg cups, the first two series especially were brilliant though. I don't think car share was shite because of the monkey, I thought it was just shite in general and was amazed so many people found a monkey funny. It just all was a bit daft for me which could of been better for myself personally given the idea it originated from.
Fair enough.

League of Gentlemen was funnier than both anyway. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.