Budget PAYG Phone Dilemma.

Yes, second hand
Lots of deals on that site and all come with a 12 month warranty
Just have a search around at your preferred brand

I bought a HTC M8 in excellent condition for £150

Retail price is nearly £400

That could represent a more value for money aproach with a 12 month warranty.
A non budget phone for a budget price sounds plausable.
If you can aquire one in very good condition.

On another front I see Music Magpie sells gamez too.
I aquired an X Box one S
Not to play games but to circumnavigate a more affordable way round the extortionate prices of the 4k blueray players.
They are all in excess of £300 and too pricey.

However I realised that if I purchased an XbOX one S then it would only cost £180 and happily play the 4K UHD blueray discs.
Job done and also a Brucie bonus for the grandkids when they visited.
It came with Fifa 17 as an optional download that took way in excess of 3 hours.
I installed it and mentaly prepared myself for the finest footie fest to ever grace my life:
Sadly no matter what button combo I pressed on the controller the ball wouldn't come anywhere near my feet.
Sixty minutes of my day utterly wasted to lose 12.0 to Brentford Town.
I score the game Fifa 17 a resounding 3/10

Last edited by a moderator:
I am typing this post now from a Moto G4. I previously owned a Samsung S6 and this gadgetry in my palms is every bit as good. I researched the best budget phones and I never read a bad word about either the 4 or the plus. I am now a Moto convert and you cannot go wrong with one of these Taxi.

I do hear that should you manage to avoid pesky clone models, one may be of a mind to go down the less trodden path of the Chinese market.
worth a consideration.
After reading up online on Chinese smartphones, I went on eBay and bought a Xiaomi Redmi note 4. Lovely looking phone, good camera, fingerprint security, worked a treat.

However. I broke the screen and couldn't find anywhere that had the screens to fix it. Also my bank app wouldn't work as my bank do not trust Xaiomi to access their apps. Also the charging port broke deeming the phone totally fucked.

I won't be buying another Chinese smartphone.

After reading up online on Chinese smartphones, I went on eBay and bought a Xiaomi Redmi note 4. Lovely looking phone, good camera, fingerprint security, worked a treat.

However. I broke the screen and couldn't find anywhere that had the screens to fix it. Also my bank app wouldn't work as my bank do not trust Xaiomi to access their apps. Also the charging port broke deeming the phone totally fucked.

I won't be buying another Chinese smartphone.

well that is a pisser. I too am in the decision stage of getting a new phone (Note 4 is getting a bit aged now and the battery is shagged) so I was going to go Chinese...cheers bud, new battery it is :)

you want me to buy a second hand battery for my phone? or the battery powering you? If it's the latter is there any wiggle room on price :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.