Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't look like there will be any shock factor with the new plans, it'll be a Uni, a moderate shopping facility and a hotel. And the stadium will get a North Stand extension eventuallu. In 20 years time, all we'll notice is the car park has gone and possibly the ASDA but the general feeling I get is we the fan won't be using any of these new buildings...

Maybe it's just me but I grew up on the Kippax from the mid 70s, but really wouldn't want to go back to those days, it wasn't all it's cracked up to have been. There is probably a half way house but that's more to do with safe standing than cost.
Different generation too, my son loves going to games but he's also happy to miss a game if there is something else on and misses his October game to see the NFL at Wembley. Young people have many more options than we did in the 70s. For me then it was City and Rock gigs, that was it.

oh i'm not saying return to the un safeness of football back then.

But its working with safe standing in a lot of countries.

Celtic have just got safe standing for a section of their ground.

Noticed the new Mercer mosiacs been installed....anyone know what the brand new frame is for sited near City Circle?

Noticed the new Mercer mosiacs been installed....anyone know what the brand new frame is for sited near City Circle?

No idea, what's happened to Worsleyweb he seems to have dropped off the planet with info on the North Stand Extension, the mate I Know who worked on the South Stand and had pretty accurate info has also not got back to me, looking like it's not going to happen at present.

No idea, what's happened to Worsleyweb he seems to have dropped off the planet with info on the North Stand Extension, the mate I Know who worked on the South Stand and had pretty accurate info has also not got back to me, looking like it's not going to happen at present.

Reason being no need as City are having a struggle to sell out games, sorry if it upsets some but its true.

Unless the club is going to make a new mosaic, the North stand isn't going to be expanded anytime soon.

MEN.

Manchester City name Etihad Stadium walkway after ex-council chief Sir Howard Bernstein

“Sir Howard Bernstein’s passion for the city of his birth, combined with his unrivalled vision, humanity and humility, have undoubtedly helped to shape Manchester into what it is today."

JS117402387.jpg

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ws/manchester-city-fc-etihad-walkway-12922493

Reason being no need as City are having a struggle to sell out games, sorry if it upsets some but its true.

Struggling would be somewhat of an exaggeration - Build it, price it right and it will sell out (See West Ham)

Average attendance Lowest Highest Total Capacity * %Full

1 Manchester Utd
bar_gray.jpg
75,294 75,245 75,397 1,204,705 75,731 99.4%
2 Arsenal
bar_gray.jpg
59,987 59,925 60,039 899,807 60,355 99.4%
3 West Ham Utd
bar_gray.jpg
56,967 56,864 56,996 911,486 57,000 99.9%
4 Manchester City
bar_gray.jpg
54,002 51,527 54,512 810,032 55,097 98.0%

1) North Stand of 2 tiers.
a) Tier 1 Family Stand.
b) Expanded Tier 2 Standing City End.

2) Any displaced fans offered 50% reduction on the price of their chosen replacement seat for 2 seasons anywhere where there are available seats.

3) South Stand seats to be offered to all others on the same terms.

4) 5000 South Stand 'Casual Membership' match day tickets be made available for irregular,lapsed,priced out & under 21s fans on a first come first served basis.

Maybe not perfect but a reasonable solution with the minimum disruption.

Views ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.