It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree, it's still only playing 3 of the 5.

I really just think he's gotten used to having incredible depth, and he wants 1 or 2 game changers on the bench. He's not going to try and fit them all into one formation, IMO. I may be proven wrong, but Pep enjoys control too much to play 4 forwards like that.

Its not though. I know you think it is too attacking but a front 3 of Jesus, Mbappe, and Sanchez and a midfield four of Sane, Sterling, Carvalho, and Silva is a real possibility under Pep.

Add to that, I think Pep's statement that he didn't play them as wingbacks is semantics. If he played a back three with no fullbacks and did play two wingers; they by definition would play as wingbacks even if they were called wingers. Sane was constantly coming back to defend against Everton in October.

Last edited:
So from the hints from Tolmie and the line ups people are posting it seems we're only getting 3 new starting players - Ederson, Bonucci and Sanchez?

No fullbacks or defensive midfielders? Think we need 2 fullbacks and 2 defensive midfielders as both Yaya and Fernandinho are ageing.

From the lineups it looks exciting going forward but as soon as we lose the ball we'll get dicked in midfield again.

The 3 names you mention seem to be genuine targets but I think we can expect at least another 4 on top of that. Some on the fhe forum got a bit carried away picking fantasy teams with 7 attacking players for some reason.

Didn't want to start a new thread but CW tweeted the other day we were looking at Corentin Tolisso. Superb for Lyon today. Sounds Juve bound though, frustratingly enough.

GK, FB's, and a CB are absolute priorities first and foremost.

If we don't sort those positions out this summer you can have Messi and Ronaldo added to the attack, we still won't win anything.

GK, FB's, and a CB are absolute priorities first and foremost.

If we don't sort those positions out this summer you can have Messi and Ronaldo added to the attack, we still won't win anything.
Well, we probably would because we'd actually score from the chances we create!

So from the hints from Tolmie and the line ups people are posting it seems we're only getting 3 new starting players - Ederson, Bonucci and Sanchez?

No fullbacks or defensive midfielders? Think we need 2 fullbacks and 2 defensive midfielders as both Yaya and Fernandinho are ageing.

From the lineups it looks exciting going forward but as soon as we lose the ball we'll get dicked in midfield again.

Only one of those 3 mentioned is a cert, you can guess who...

We'll also spend more on what is needed, 2xfullbacks, 1xcb, 1xcm

Any attacker is a replacement and won't be out of our pockets, so to speak!!!

Didn't want to start a new thread but CW tweeted the other day we were looking at Corentin Tolisso. Superb for Lyon today. Sounds Juve bound though, frustratingly enough.

Fantastic player and hope the links are true. Versatile, tenacious and potentially world class. But if he was to come, who's place he would take? Fernandinho would be my guess but doubt he'll be out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.