David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://theexecutionersbong.wordpress.com/2013/03/14/man-city-scout-report-strengths-weaknesses/

Stumbled upon this article the other day.
Apart from a sly dig at Tevez, it's a fairly objective assessment of the City squad before our game at Goodison in 2013 (I've not checked, but presumably Aguero was injured/suspended)
Interesting that he sees Yaya as our main man, whilst asserting that Silva struggles in these sort of fixtures.
He also points to opposing clubs targeting Clichy's lack of height as a weakness (something still happening four years later)

Last edited:
https://theexecutionersbong.wordpress.com/2013/03/14/man-city-scout-report-strengths-weaknesses/

Stumbled upon this article the other day.
Apart from a sly dig at Tevez, it's a fairly objective assessment of the City squad before our game at Goodison in 2013 (I've not checked, but presumably Aguero was injured/suspended)
Interesting that he sees Yaya as our main man, whilst asserting that Silva struggles in these sort of fixtures.
He also points to opposing clubs targeting Clichy's lack of height as a weakness (something still happening four years later)

FFS pulling up a random article from 4 years ago so you can have another dig at Silva. Pathetic.

FWIW I read the article and the "objective assessment" extended to thinking Garcia was a much better player than Gareth Barry. Ok, right....LOL

Colin Bell was athletic to a level way ahead of his time. He was graceful, had vision and an excellent shot but ultimately it was his level of energy in comparison to his peers that set him above and enabled him to perform so well. He was an outstanding player and athlete.

David Silva is graceful beyond words. I hope the club can keep him when he does retire to see if there's any way he can explain to youngsters how to play with such poise and vision. His touch and control ensure that he doesn't waste time concentrating on that. It's instant. He's then immediately finding the runner, or the man in space, or spinning on the ball to gather half a yard that he effortlessly steps into with his head up.

The comfort he shows on the ball is part of his charm to those that watch him. There are few players in the world that can run with the ball like he can, with their heads up. He's largely reliant on his left foot but can use the outside of it to shape the ball to move as a right footer would. His measure and control of the weight of his passes is sensational as well.

Not only is he the greatest ever City player, he's also one of the greatest players of the modern era.

Sometimes players find a partner who they click with which elevates their game to a higher level, something which helped Xavi and Iniesta. Our Dave hasnt had that luxury but has still found himself a crucial part of Spain's team in the most dominant period of their history in a position they are well stacked in.

Furthermore, he has moved to the most physically demanding league in the world and ran the show for us for a number of years. The history books will focus on Iniesta and Xavi as the key Spanish midfielders of their era and rightly so. However, Dave isn't almost on par with them, he is their equal. To think that people have mentioned the likes of Ozil, Carzola, Mata, Coutinho and Fabregas in the same sentence is an insult. None of them can do what Dave does week in week out. It's the equivalent of comparing a good player like Kane to a world class player like Messi. There's no comparison.

He's an absolute credit to the sport and I've never enjoyed watching a player more than him. It's almost cheating allowing Dave to play alongside other players. His footballing brain compared to most players in the PL is like comparing Stephen Hawking to Joey Essex, he is levels above. His chain of thought, execution and movement is second to none.

It will be a sad day when he leaves the club but he will leave a legacy that will never be replicated IMO.

An Arsenal fan on Ozil and Silva

"Even if Silva was younger, he would bench him if he went to City and Silva is absolute quality too."

lol

Went for lunch with David & his Dad yesterday & for something to do I asked him to write down his best 2 XIs he's played with... one including all the players he's ever played with & the other a Best City XI.

In his all-time team there was only one City player... Can you guess who that was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.