Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that ADUG are in charge of their own budgets and are presumably being judged by Sheikh M. by that yardstick I think that any infrastructure directly linked to City will perhaps take a back seat relative to team building.

I know its a different item for judgement via say FFP but spend is spend when it comes to profit so unless our owner sees it as something he wants included I think ADUG may not see it as a priority.

Unless the club is going to make a new mosaic, the North stand isn't going to be expanded anytime soon.

MEN.

Manchester City name Etihad Stadium walkway after ex-council chief Sir Howard Bernstein

“Sir Howard Bernstein’s passion for the city of his birth, combined with his unrivalled vision, humanity and humility, have undoubtedly helped to shape Manchester into what it is today."

JS117402387.jpg

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ws/manchester-city-fc-etihad-walkway-12922493

Maybe missing something JRB but isn't this at the south side of the stadium?

Struggling would be somewhat of an exaggeration - Build it, price it right and it will sell out (See West Ham)

Average attendance Lowest Highest Total Capacity * %Full

1 Manchester Utd
bar_gray.jpg
75,294 75,245 75,397 1,204,705 75,731 99.4%
2 Arsenal
bar_gray.jpg
59,987 59,925 60,039 899,807 60,355 99.4%
3 West Ham Utd
bar_gray.jpg
56,967 56,864 56,996 911,486 57,000 99.9%
4 Manchester City
bar_gray.jpg
54,002 51,527 54,512 810,032 55,097 98.0%

is that people physically going through the turnstiles or off tickets purchased.

West Ham have an extra 25,000 fans this season and the atmosphere has fallen through the floor.

It's not about the numbers.

Football doesn't work like that. Contrived atmosphere's never work.

Always a direct correlation between atmosphere and what is taking place on the pitch.

Away support will always be better for every club, simply because the mentality is they are in the minority, and they need to prove a point.

You can't solve it by reducing the prices to such an extent that you then make a product less desirable, either.

I never bothered with the Cup game at home to Huddersfield despite being on the cup scheme. It was only £20 and it was on the box.

Multiply that by 6 or 7 thousand if you start making tickets £20.

The best thing they could do to change some of the narrative is simply to change some of the seats around the stadium to black, as it just fuels a wider apathy.

West Ham have an extra 25,000 fans this season and the atmosphere has fallen through the floor.

Always a direct correlation between atmosphere and what is taking place on the pitch.

Away support will always be better for every club, simply because the mentality is they are in the minority, and they need to prove a point.

You can't solve it by reducing the prices to such an extent that you then make a product less desirable, either.

I never bothered with the Cup game at home to Huddersfield despite being on the cup scheme. It was only £20 and it was on the box.

The best thing they could do to change some of the narrative is simply to change some of the seats around the stadium to black, as it just fuels a wider apathy.

the german league and clubs like huddersfield and bradford, show the complete opposite of that i.e. cheaper tickets- bigger crowds and better atmosphere. you can solve it by reducing pricing. west hams new ground is shit and isn't made for atmosphere. and the cup game we still got nearly 40,000 there. reducing prices would allow younger fans and priced out fans to come back. do you honestly think if we reduced season ticket prices or made match day tickets 25 quid wed have 6,000 empty seats for a league game ? i would bet the noise levels would be ten times better then now. even if we did have a load of empty seats at least it would mean everyone would be able to go to watch city again, which would be a good thing.

That is spot on re atmosphere created by fans

I have been to Upton Park many times and it rocked - that FA cup match this year at the Olympic stadium was shocking

Last edited:
All this 'make the tickets cheap and bring back lapsed supporters to bring back an atmosphere'. Absolute fantasy. Those lapsed fans won't be coming back. Cheap tickets will just make for more empty seats for fans that buy tickets and cant be arsed turning up. And it doesn't need much encouragement to make our supporters not turn up ( or leave early ). I sit in a small block that gets the first 3 cup games free - yet it was 2/3's empty for the Huddersfield replay. A free ticket and they still couldn't be arsed turning up or passing their ticket onto friends.

The club have done nothing about it for 3 seasons so I would hold your breath for anything to get sorted anytime soon. Hundreds of empty seats on the first tier yet a full block of sold tickets to City fans in the 3rd tier block returned by the away team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.