General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not true. The top tax rate is 45% for income above £150,000. No national insurance is payable at 2% that level of income.
Income below that is taxed less.
For example if you earn £150,000 your total tax liability is £59,820, that means your total tax liability is less than 40%.

The liability does rise as you earn more, its up to 45.9% by the time you earn £1,000,000 and 46.5% by time you get to £2,000,000 and 46.8% at £5,000,000
Thats assuming that its all declared as salary, which is unlikely and the taxes on other forms of income are lower

I am well aware that those who earn over £50,000 get taxed as I am one of them.

So basically the top earners pay half of what they earn in tax. They also probably have private health care for their family and send their kids to private school. So as well as putting a fair old whack into the system each year they also do not use public services.

But you know what they should be shot the greedy selfish bastards.

Labour did nothing about zero hours when they were in power and they employed ATOS to do medical assessments. They are as nasty as the party they and their supporters call nasty.

So what is your point then?
really?

my point is that we should be looking to invest in education, health and transport.
We should be funding welfare as the need arises.
The starting point of discussion about welfare shouldnt be that those that are claiming welfare are lazy and feckless, which is what the Tory rhetoric and actions in office in my lifetime have pointed to.

The starting point of discussion about welfare shouldnt be that those that are claiming welfare are lazy and feckless
Which is not what anyone has been stating in this thread.

Plenty have been labelling all Tories as cunts and/or selfish cunts though.

But that's fine isn't it.

So basically the top earners pay half of what they earn in tax. They also probably have private health care for their family and send their kids to private school. So as well as putting a fair old whack into the system each year they also do not use public services.

But you know what they should be shot the greedy selfish bastards.

I never said the high earners were greedy selfish bastards.
I said the Tories were.
I never said that anyone should be shot.
In fact I made no mention in my original post about high earners at all. It was about the Tory attitude to the poor.

I only mentioned high earners because it was claimed they pay more than 50% in tax because they dont and I thought that needed correcting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.