General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think people pushing that view are unthinking thick cunts.

and you are entitled to that view sir, and you articulate it well sir
you dont articulate why we are unthinking thick cunts and thats the bit I am interested in.

doesnt "plenty" that context imply majority?

If I meant majority I would have said it. Plenty means a lot. Or are you saying everyone on the dole and benefits are actually hard working motivated people who just can't a job because there aren't any around. They all worked hard at school but the fuckin Tories took all the jobs from them and they have no future?

It's all the Tories fault, not that persons?

and you are entitled to that view sir, and you articulate it well sir
you dont articulate why we are unthinking thick cunts and thats the bit I am interested in.
Because you think that people voting Tory are selfish.

You don't have the political empathy to see another view point. You see Tory = Selfish.

You don't see that there are plenty of reasons for people to vote a certain way. They may wish keep atleast half their income and think the rates they pay are already too high. They may wish to pass on their hard earned assets to their kids. They may wish to exit an increasingly federalised Europe. They may dislike the politics of envy (maximum wage threshold etc). They may believe in sustaining a working nuclear deterrent. They may believe that a strong FS sector is helpful to the UK and increasing if introducing new taxes on it will harm us. They may wish for a government that improves the economy (which is good for everyone) rather than a party (Labour) which has left the economy in a worst state than the one it inherited every single time they came to power. They may simply dislike the class politics and comments such as "Id burn in hell for voting Tory so I'll vote Labour".

I'm eating my lunch so typing with hand but the point is that there are a large variety of reasons people may vote one way or another.

I'd understand your view if the Tories were looking to cut tax on high earners to 25% or end investment into education or the NHS but that's not the truth is it.

Last edited:
Fine, but the funding of the poor is by others. There is a growing trend in the uk that the state needs to sort out people's problems, be it housing money etc. The " I have not got a big enough house or enough benefits to live nicely" is some how the governments responsibility. It's not. Corbyn represents these people not people who work hard, whatever their salary.

Those who have real issues and problems should be supported, but unfortunately there are plenty of people who just want the government to give them cash and contribute the fuck all to society.

By the government giving them cash do you mean companies who pay their staff so little we, the taxpayer, have to top it up, while the CEO's bonus and shareholders dividends increase? The companies that the government give free labour to?
The companies that get hugely lucrative government contracts but are unwilling to contribute back into the society they are quite happy to milk?
Cause these are the people that are afraid of Corbyn and socially just politics.

He misspelled it.

Should be "Otter Party", the single issue cunts only care about compulsory dams every 500 yards on all major water ways. Not entirely sure why Ric added them.
That's alright then, was worried only I could see them.

By the government giving them cash do you mean companies who pay their staff so little we, the taxpayer, have to top it up, while the CEO's bonus and shareholders dividends increase? The companies that the government give free labour to?
The companies that get hugely lucrative government contracts but are unwilling to contribute back into the society they are quite happy to milk?
Cause these are the people that are afraid of Corbyn and socially just politics.

If the CEO gets a bigger bonus we get half of it in tax? Good for him and us.

The bit about the govt giving free labour you have lost me.

If the CEO gets a bigger bonus we get half of it in tax? Good for him and us.

The bit about the govt giving free labour you have lost me.
That's a good point. A CEO on £250,000 getting a bonus of £1m means £450,000 in tax.

If that £1m went to 100 people earning £35,000 then the tax take is £200,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.