Thinking outside the box

Id make one man in the world "Alpha Man" and ban women from having sex with anyone but this man. The man would be me.

Move the unemployed youngsters into an apprenticeship such as plumbing bricklaying plastering etc.After a period of training Allocate a builder to oversee their work and put them to use refurbishing empty properties (compulsory purchase if necessary). then get the homeless off the streets

you end up with a trained workforce / good building stock and fewer homeless

Decriminalise drug use. Apart from the obvious hypocrisy of allowing alcohol consumption - which many experts agree to be the most harmful of all drugs - yet prohibiting other drugs, by decriminalising drugs we could take the trade out of the hands of criminals (thus also reducing associated crimes, like violence, theft, trafficking, extortion, etc.) and regulate it properly. And by regulating it we will not only be able to eradicate the the more dangerous, 'impure' strains that cause the most damage but we will also be able to tax it, the revenue from which we can the put into the NHS to support those who develop problems from drug use (including alcohol). People are always going to use drugs, so let's make it safe and sort out why people turn to drugs in the first place rather than punishing users.

The 'war on drugs' has been an absolute disaster; it only forced criminals further underground and police departments have been plagued by corruption. Yet even today it's something politicians won't go anywhere near. I remember an discussion with Richard Madley in which he recalled having interviewed 15 politicians to date, all of whom spoke in favour of the war on drugs; he recalled that 14 of them admitted in the green room afterwards that they support decriminalisation but wouldn't dare admit it as electable MPs. Didn't surprise me at all.

Same goes for prostitution. All the problems associated with it: sexually transmitted disease, violence towards women, trafficking, slavery, etc., would be remedied by regulating the industry properly and making it safer for everyone. It's perfectly fine to buy/sell things openly, and perfectly fine to have sex, so why is it illegal to solicit sex for money?!

MPs to be wired up to lie detectors whilst in the House of Commons - if they lie John Bercow tasers them.
Typical establishment politics, you should have members of the general public doing the tasering. A civic duty, like jury duty for example.

Congratulations, you have been selected for a week of taser duty.

LIES! bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The only problem is the risk of repetitive strain injury in the trigger finger.

Move the unemployed youngsters into an apprenticeship such as plumbing bricklaying plastering etc.After a period of training Allocate a builder to oversee their work and put them to use refurbishing empty properties (compulsory purchase if necessary). then get the homeless off the streets

you end up with a trained workforce / good building stock and fewer homeless
You have more otherwise-homeless as they realise they can get a house for free. Also if several tenants in one house - spreading of STIs, you'd see an increase in crime, overdoses etc. as your forcing similar people (many drug addicts) to look after a house together where they are out of the view of police, CCTV, public etc. where they wouldn't be on the street.

A victorian workhouse-type building with in-house employees to make sure they aren't shooting up and making them do some work to benefit the community (e.g. labour) is the sensible solution. Transition them to working people again, get them out and on the property ladder etc. They'd also have a permanent address for any required benefits. You can't be soft with them - you have to keep being homeless hard whilst offering them a way out, otherwise they get comfy and stay homeless.

Last edited:
Phase out the petroleum/diesel cars by date certain
Incentivize electrics & further penalize mileage per gallon, monies to transportation infrastructure
Mandate photovoltaic roofs on all new construction
Put tax on processed foods, especially added fats & sugars (even artificial sweeteners)
Remove any taxes on local foods, fruits and vegetables
Open land banks for individual purchase
Make all major city centres and central business districts pedestrian, with only electric public transportation
Remove most non-violent offenders from prison and put them in a work program, doing clean ups, and helping pedestrianize cities and towns
24 months of national service for all
Drastically change the welfare system to root out rampant, systemic abuse
Move away from offensive military forces and steer towards defensive forces and weapons. Having subs and nukes is already a big deterrent!
Promote local and regional energy self sufficiency
Increase taxes on cigarettes, beer and liquor. Direct all funds to NHS programs.
Make university free again, but contingent upon merit and continued success
Create apprenticeships in future trades, incentivize graduation
....as a start.

To me, government should promote society's long term goals while improving the services necessary to aid in that process.
I was thinking about short-term national service as it'd instil some discipline into all the scumbags and make them more respectful of society. Look at how the older generations (who had to do national service) respected each other. The only consideration is - most people go to uni now when they didn't before, so you'd be delaying their careers by at least a year.

I don't think uni fees should be free (old fees were best value for money). Scotland has no problem having it free atm because the rest of the country props it up (unfair since Scots in a basic theoretic level become the educated class of the country since they can all go) - if all the country had free fees, everyone becomes too educated and expects jobs that wouldn't be there. You need "low-skilled" workers to prop up the economy and make society function - I don't think a constant influx of immigrant workers to do these jobs is sensible for a number of reasons.

I was thinking about short-term national service as it'd instil some discipline into all the scumbags and make them more respectful of society. Look at how the older generations (who had to do national service) respected each other. The only consideration is - most people go to uni now when they didn't before, so you'd be delaying their careers by at least a year.

I despised the raising of uni fees but I don't think they should be free (old fees were fine). Scotland has no problem having it free atm because the rest of the country props it up (unfair since Scots in a basic theoretic level become the educated class of the country since they can all go) - if all the country had free fees, everyone becomes too educated and expects jobs that wouldn't be there. You need "low-skilled" workers to prop up the economy and make society function - I don't think a constant influx of immigrant workers to do these jobs is sensible for reasons of a number of matters.
I don't see the problem of going to University later, in fact i think it's better, most people at 16/17 have no clue what they want to study and just take a shot in the dark.

Have some national service, give people a taste of learning practical skills and stuff before deciding if studying is the way for them. Starting careers later isn't a problem either, we're living longer, retiring older, what's the rush.

I don't see the problem of going to University later, in fact i think it's better, most people at 16/17 have no clue what they want to study and just take a shot in the dark.

Have some national service, give people a taste of learning practical skills and stuff before deciding if studying is the way for them. Starting careers later isn't a problem either, we're living longer, retiring older, what's the rush.
You'd also either have to ask parents to support their kids (just sons?) another year, or the govt. would have to put up the funds to pay every new year group. How much that'd cost I have no idea.

I do though think society would benefit hugely from the discipline and learning respect for one another and the country. If conscription was ever necessary again, we'd have a year head start on the enemy. Even a year national service would benefit health too and encourage young people to keep up exercise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.